Caboose Kit help!

hotwinger

HO Switchman
I really need this model on my layout. But the kit looks too advanced for me. Is there anyone I could contact that could help build and paint the kit for me for a reasonable price?
http://www.railyardmodels.com/catalog/mopacsbwcaboose.html
752_13847.jpg

Mike- This is a great looking caboose!
Definitely NOT a shake-the-box assembly. How much experience and patience do you have?
If not much, see if you can find a forum volunteer to take on the assembly and painting for you.
If no takers by Monday, leave me a PM and I'll check with a friend who does good work. There's not enough alcohol in a bottle to make me steady enough to put this kit together right!
Mikey

NICE! I gotta order me one of those... I dont think it looks to terribly hard to put together. I was imagining something like a actual wood kit caboose

Honestly, Rail Yard kits are not that bad! It'll take some time, but its not that hard to build. I'm working on some old Sierra Car & Foundry kits, that are allot more complex.

If'n ya cant find anybody else I can probably put it together for ya - time is pretty tight thou - working alot for now..which is a good thing given current employment conditions across the country!

I agree with Josh. Rail Yard kits are definitely not a one night project but everything is pretty straight forward and they have good instructions. The one piece caboose body really makes things a lot easier. If you're looking to get your toe in the water of building a little more advanced kit, this would be a good one to try.

I could help you with the kit. I have been building custom layouts and models for 15 yrs. I would need to look at the kit to give you a price.
If you would like to talk send me a private message and I will give you my number.

Hi Mike. What you have there,is an awesome caboose kit. However,before I tried to build one for someone else,I would have to try and build one myself. I have so far,done three Southern Transfer Cabooses,and two L&N Little woodie cabooses. I also have a Westerfield M&O Boxcar,plus a few others. But like I said, I might have to break down and buy one for myself,and give it a go. I hope it turns out well,and hope to see more photos when its finished. Also, maybe in day or so,I'll post some pics of my caboose fleet. Good luck dude. William.

I appreciate all the replies everyone. I have the patience just not the experience. I think if I were intermedietly skilled at painting and decaling I would consider putting it togather myself. But I would rather not spend the money on a high quality kit if I think It will turn into a dissapointment. I'm just now starting to learn how to use details west parts.

Mac Loco Works Ill contact you via PM and we can work something out.

i got so mad the first time i saw this kit. i had been working on a custom kitbash of an athearn bay window caboose to make the exact samething just not MP.

Back