Caboose high throws...

tooter

play every day
Came up with a way to mount Caboose high throws onto my Atlas manual snap switches...

IMG_3758.jpg

I just stuck the throw onto a piece of sheet metal with a dab of silicone and stuck the metal to the underside of the switch so that when I move the switch, the throw goes along with it. :)

Yeah, it only takes a little scraps. And when permanently mounted in a switchyard, it can easily be covered up with dirt and ballast. My plan is to make a small layout with a manually operated switchyard...

IMG_3770.jpg

...then I can finally clear everything off of my desk. :rolleyes:

Good idea with the metal plate. Making a solid link between the trackword and the switchstand ought to extend the stand's working life and the silicone mounting will absord any minor stresses.

Exactly :)... and if I need to make any changes, everything peels off nice and clean. The throws are made of really tough delrin and there are two internal springs that cushion the lever action in both directions and to apply a little tension on the points to hold them at their limits.

I really enjoy the simple old fashioned direct tactile quality of mechanical controls over remote electric ones. :)

Back