Buyers BEWARE!!!

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
Take a look at this people ... don't be like me and get caught.

Appears as though those two "individuals" have made a life of scamming and stealing from people. I have added my name/complaint to the list as it is obvious they are still pulling the same garbage.

I saw your post in some other thread earlier, I did some research and these people are real criminals! 😠
Take it from me - they are criminals in every sense of the word.

How on earth they are still able to operate is beyond belief and, to be 100% honest, is an indictment on the judicial system for allowing them to continue. Unfortunately, they are not the only ones. We need a data base of "corrupt and questionable business'".

The ONLY plus I think is if we modelers advertise their lack of ethics and business practices - we will force them out of business, hopefully.

Very unfortunate for everyone who got scammed. Hope they throw the book at them. Hope everyone an be made whole but I doubt that will happen.
Yeah it is and so many people (no doubt) will loose out.

Personally, and this wont go down well, but this is a damn good example of why there should be "REAL" hobby shops for people to walk into, look at real items, pick them up and deal with REAL people, to be able to buy what they want AND take it home there and then.

People say that buying over the internet is convenient - this is a great example of what "convenience" can get you. :(

When I buy or sell online I ONLY USE PAYPAL and even if I know you, unless you are truly family I do not accept friends or family. It’s great protection for both buying and selling. Plus, I can’t get scammed.

I have made rare exceptions for people I have communicated with for years to accept checks.

Online scamming is no different than the writing of bad checks was when check writing was the way to pay. The local authorities never really saw it as theft but a part of doing business. I literally made a fortune selling Check Services to Merchants to protect themselves from bad checks.

Online scamming is no different than the writing of bad checks was when check writing was the way to pay.
Online scamming is VERY different - it is an act carried out by gutless individuals who hide behind websites that are routed through who knows how many servers around the world, making them (the perpetrators) essentially anonymous. Hell, take a look at my IP Address - according to it I am in France, and by the time you finish reading this, I could be in Spain, or Denmark or anywhere else in the world I'd like to be.

You can't compare bad check writing to online scams or telephone scams.

I made a post around 9 months ago or so on another forum about a man and wife running several scam train/hobby stores in Pennsylvania long before I joined this forum and before the state AG got involved.
When I "Giggled Up" the location of one of their "stores", it was a run down barn on what looked to be an abandoned farm.
I had to go thru one of my credit card companies to get my money back. What a headache.
I may try to find that post, if I have time, as it had a list of "bad "places to avoid.

Beware my friends............John

Two things. If you use PayPal but use Friends and Family for merchandise transactions you are both in violation of the PayPal user agreement and have no recourse if things go south.

Recently, I was looking for an Athearn SD60 in Oakway paint. A site came up with a good price. The "shop" had an address in a gated residential community in Kansas but a Malaysian phone number. Also the odd limitation of two items per sale. The way things were priced (example, Athearn Challenger with DCC and sound, retail $770 on sale for $61) you couldn't go above $200 per "sale". If you hit 'shopping' on the search, you will find the front page nearly all listings from this "shop". The adage, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is" applies in the fullest meaning here.

In 2021, internet fraud caused losses of $6.9 Billion.

I only use PayPal, simply for the protection it affords both the buyer and seller, even if buying from a well known establishment online, no PayPal no buyee.

It's a little annoying for me, as their conversion rate £-$ is not the best, but again, I'd rather pay a little extra for the protection it affords me than be scammed.

Tony, if you used PayPal, file a claim with them. After a suitable period, you should get a refund.
They didn't offer pay pal unfortunately. I'm writing this off as a "bad joke" though and if something comes of it, then so be it. I AM retaining a list of all of the business' these two "A" "Holes" are involved in though and will list them here sometime today.

Back