Building suggestions needed.

Ronzzr11

I found an old piece of computer hardware that had been thrown away, the other day. It reminded me of a moulded concrete roof. Its 15 inches long, by 4 inches wide, and I was thinking of making it into some sort of locomotive shop building,has anyone any suggestions of what railroad building it would be suitable for? It would be in HO scale.

thanks
Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
I can think of several posssible uses. If you cut it into pieces, it would make nice road or track culverts over small streams. You could make a modern passenger platform roof. Using Walthers Cornerstone Modulars, you could build up the walls and doors and make a single stall engine house. A rounded roof isn't common on engine houses but I'm sure there's a prototype out there somewhere. :) If you're doing modern era modeling, it looks like you also have a lot of the pieces you'd need for a skateboard park too.

My first thought had been to make an engine house out of the cover, its certainly big enough to be a roof for something like a Dash 9 engine house. I can get sheets of brick effect plastic to make walls from,over here,and I,m sure I can find windows from somewhere.
thanks
Ron

Oh, yeah, I forgot you were in the UK. Kibri makes nice brick styrene sheet for walls and Faller makes all sorts of doors and windows. It would be an interesting scratchbuilding project.

A great roof for a passenger station, or modern commuter rail station. It would have been even cooler if it was clear!

Back