Bridge Shoes

cncproadwarrior

North of the 49th
Can anyone give me the EXACT height of the Micro Engineering HO scale bridge shoes? Part no. 255-80034. They are on back order and I would like to keep moving along with my pier and bridge building.:cool:

Hi Bernie: Yes, inches. As a side note, since these are white metal castings, they do vary in the height of the parting lines and I have seen a few where the two halves aren't in perfect alignment. So, there may be variations in the size. I used 18 bridge shoes on this bridge, and if any were a little short, I glued styrene shims to the bottom.

P1010516.jpg

Hmm.... you would think that something that is mass produced would all have the same measurements.:rolleyes:

BTW, that's a great looking bridge.

You'd think, Bernie, but the smaller the part, the more likey you are to find variations even from the same company. As Gramps said, it's easy to add small plastic shims to the bottom of the bridge shoes to even things up. In the real work, stone piers were often not perfectly level and welding shims to the bottom of bridge shoes was a common practice.

Back