BLI SD40-2 w/NCE N14IP running slow

bigB

Hello,

I have a SD40-2 Blueline ho with a NCE N14IP decoder. It runs slow at top speed. In an attempt to adjust it via the decoder's instructions, I adjusted CV2 (start) to 0, CV5 (Max) to 255, CV116 (torque kick) to 2, and CV117 to 25, and CV6 (Mid voltage) to 0.

Any ideas? Ive sent an email to Broadway, but it doesnt seem to be a problem with Broadway, maybe the decoder.

First of all, reset the decoder. Both of them. (do it in ops mode or direct mode)

Then, try running the loco in 03. If it works, and you don't have any speed issues, then it was the decoder. If it doesn't work, take the decoder out, plug in the original dummy board (or use the three prong jumper plugs) and run it on 03 and see what the max speed is. If it runs faster than with the decoder, it may be your decoder.

It seems kind of odd how your loco has a low top speed when my Blueline AC6000 was a little faster than the other brands. (which I fixed by adjusting the speed)

Problem solved...

As Murphy's Law would have it, after I sent my emails to NCE and Broadway and posted here, I went back and tried the locomotive again.

Works like a charm.

I guess the power dn/power up of the dcc system activated the reprogramming of the decoder.

I then reprogrammed both locos so that the speed tables match exactly. Now consisting with them is a snap. All is well.

BTW, I have had none of the usual problems I read about on here about the mismatching of the sound decoder/motion decoder programming issues. That part went off without a hitch.

Thanks again,

Brad

I haven't had any issues with Blueline either but I am using a NCE PowerCab and it has always programmed Sound DCC decoders on the programing track and even reads back CVs from MRC decoders.

Glad to hear you got it fixed.

Back