Big Boy Freight Car Info

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Hello,
I just got my first steam engine I was wanting to know what type of cars did the UP Big Boy pull?
I was wanting to get a real era train built? What type of caboose was used? Last when they did pull
passenger what cars did they pull? I want the freight and cars to be the type from the time period
they were used.
Thanks,
Big Mike

Pretty much any cars that operated between 1940 and 1960 (built dates between about 1920 and 1960). It would be heavier on PFE reefers than SFRD reefers. They were freight engines and weren't used on passenger trains, the Challengers (4-6-6-4's) and Northerns (4-8-4's) were used on passenger trains.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com