Bar Mills Idaho Hotel

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
Am thinking about getting this kit from Bar Mills -it looks like a challenge and does have character. Reminds me of the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island - sort of anyway :)

puJz0vJ.jpg

@timlange3

It certainly looks like the same place to me .. talk about ironic!

Also - nice bike ... I have a 97 Soft Tail Heritage that I have just finished upgrading mine with S&S Carby/Air Cleaner, Andrews EV27 Cam, V&H Big Shot Staggered new lifters, tappets and all that other stuff etc :) Have a bunch of other mods on the bike as well - not just mods but improvements like LED head lights, Mustang Royal Touring Seat, Smoked Windscreen etc etc.

kW250tT.jpg

She'd look half decent parked outside of the Idaho in fact, I may have to get a couple of bikes for the layout :)

@migalyto

Okay mate - I have put in an order for one with Fifer Hobbies (another good place and great people). They wont have one in stock until Monday but that's okay because their prices make the wait worth while ;)

Awesome, looks like an impressive structure. Fiders is a great shop to deal with! When I was an N scaler, I used them several times.

Look forward to this build!

Well, the kit arrived last Friday and I opened it about 5 minutes ago, then PROMPTLY closed it - DAMN!!! :oops: o_O

This is going to take a little bit longer than 5 minutes to put together, might even take me more than a day ..... talk about intricate and detailed and so SO SOOOOOOO many bits!

BUT - it's gunna be fun 😁 👍

WTY4L45.jpg

I'll post pics of the instructions so you can see what I mean by the above, as well as (obviously) the parts when I work up the nerve to start this :)

Windows, doors, and railings. I predict it won't be so bad. Bar Mills is pretty good about packaging things in cellophane packs in steps that go with the instructions. Their stuff isn't as bad as some of the "Box of sticks" kits I've built where the lion's share of the material is bags of scale lumber. :) I know this isn't your first rodeo, but I always read the instructions over a time or two before doing anything. I've unboxed a few that intimidated me too. Once you get things sorted out in steps it gets less scary.

Well, the kit arrived last Friday and I opened it about 5 minutes ago, then PROMPTLY closed it - DAMN!!! :oops: o_O

This is going to take a little bit longer than 5 minutes to put together, might even take me more than a day ..... talk about intricate and detailed and so SO SOOOOOOO many bits!

BUT - it's gunna be fun 😁 👍

WTY4L45.jpg

I'll post pics of the instructions so you can see what I mean by the above, as well as (obviously) the parts when I work up the nerve to start this :)
Tony, this looks like a fun project!

When I am building, I purposely go slow. Glue a few things then wait a day or so. Painting some stuff first, other things last, whatever works.

Most importantly, look stuff over and do some planning in your head (I notice you already started the planning process).

Look forward to watching!!

Dave

Back