Back into model trains after 40+ years. Looking for info and documents.

Hi Again Michael,

Appreciate the link.

I come from a long line of sailors - both grandfathers in the Kaiser's Navy prior to WWI - both emigrated to the U.S. around 1910. Father and 2 uncles in the U.S. Navy - father was a career Merchant Marine prior to, during and well after WWII. Lost an Uncle at Pearl Harbor in 1941.

In one of those "believe it or not" stories, my father was torpedoed twice in the north Atlantic during WWII, both times on runs to Murmansk. He survived without a scratch. Shortly after the war ended in Europe, his ship struck a mine in the North Sea - he was blown off the bridge wing - survived again. Yeah, hard to believe - but happened.

Me? Spent 32 years on active duty, a fourth of which was aboard ships - U.S. Coast Guard; primarily north Atlantic (Labrador, Greenland & Iceland waters) with several deployments to the Caribbean and SAR duty in Bermuda (an annual "thing" for our large Cutters). A tour in Alaska (Gulf of Alaska and Bering Sea) - much, much more.

Thanx!

Tom in Missouri
That is an amazing record for you and your family!!

I love all of my 7 cats. Posh, like all of them, is scared but fascinated by the trains. The Scotsman was not moving, but she stuck her head in front of it and it reminded me of the Dudley Do-right cartoons with the girl tied to the tracks. Just a photo of opportunity.
Michael

Welcome aboard Michael, from a fellow Texan; a bit late with my greeting as there have been too many other posts lately. I will second the suggestion for hoseeker.com as a place to find manuals for all kinds of rolling stock. Being in the DFW area, you may or may not be aware of a really great model railroad store in Addison called Discount Model Trains. They don't do Internet sales, just an old-fashioned brick and mortar store. Well really a sheet metal building! I have been using them for over 30 years.

Hi Willie,
Good to hear from a fellow Texas and especially a DFW guy. I have heard of Dioscopunt Model Trains, but I have never been there. Since I got back into this (expensive) hobbie, I have been going to Angelo's in NRH a lot. They have a large selection of used old stuff and that is right in my wheelhouse. I have been wanting to go to Addison, since I live in Coppell it's not far. But I haver just not made it yet. I have been to two train shows, Plano and Grapevine. Spent a buncg at Grapevine a few weeks ago. Hopefully I will get there soon.
Cheers,
Michael

Welcome aboard Michael, from a fellow Texan; a bit late with my greeting as there have been too many other posts lately. I will second the suggestion for hoseeker.com as a place to find manuals for all kinds of rolling stock. Being in the DFW area, you may or may not be aware of a really great model railroad store in Addison called Discount Model Trains. They don't do Internet sales, just an old-fashioned brick and mortar store. Well really a sheet metal building! I have been using them for over 30 years.
Forgot to mention, I did look at hoseeker, but they did not have what I was looking for and their scans are too low resolution. I will keep them as a back-up though, never know what one might need later. I am going to make a thread soon where I will post the owner's manuals I have, and they will be high resolution, that way you can see the small parts. Those bloody small, wee little, itsy-bitsy, teeny-tiny, annoying little parts.

Back