bachmann wheels

twoeagles

hello i varry new at this so please stay with me for a bit this is for my Ho steam locomotives
im now retired and its winter so i thought i would fix up my bachmann trains , make a lay out and all that, so i brought out my trains and 3 of the bachmann trains ,the wheels came out as they ran, so i took them apart to find theres a small spacer bushing made of nylon or plastic , but any way they were cracked and no longer holding the wheels in place
i contacted bachmann they said i would have to replace the whole bottom half for 50 plus shipping and tax, thats the only they could be fixed
or send it to them the would fix it for about 75 plus shipping and tax, now im an x machinest and i sure some one makes these or can make them and i do know they have to be pressed to geather thats not a problem
does any one know how to solve this problem ,or get these little spacer bushing or any other fixes that are proven and work.
thanks for any and all help , twoeagles

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are talking about the Bachmann 4-8-4 steam engine in HO and the drivers are coming out. They have a problem with the Drive Axels breaking. Bachmann has no more parts. You can try to make your own axels or you need to get new engines. The white plastic axels break. There is a co. MWLS or Nwls that made new wheels and axels but i believe it would cost almost as much as a new engine. If you send your engines into Bachmann they are going to replace them with newer models.

Back