Bachmann Rs-3 DCC

bgoatsw

I was wondering if anyone knows how well the bachmann DCC on board RS-3 performces? how does it do at slow speeds and its pulling power?
Thanks G:rolleyes:

I was wondering if anyone knows how well the bachmann DCC on board RS-3 performces? how does it do at slow speeds and its pulling power?

Saw one several weeks ago at a swap meet. Was very impressed. Smooth start up and slow speed. Much improved over the older Spectrum in performance. I think he had 12 cars behind it on flat track with no problems Phil

I have two of the RS3s. Out of thr box, the DCC performance is ok. However, my SOP for Bachmann DCC ON Board series is to replace the stock decoder with an after market decoder such as the Digitrax DN135PS. Fits well, and drastically improves performance while the engine is also much quieter. This also applies to the GP7, GP9 and Baldwin Sharks.

Bachmann RS 3

Hello ,
I am purchaing Bachmann RS 3 dcc equipped locomotive.
Can someone help me to how to convert it in DCC-Sound equipped locomotive?
Which decoder i have to use & how to install it?
Thanks in advance...:eek:

Hello ,
I am purchaing Bachmann RS 3 dcc equipped locomotive.
Can someone help me to how to convert it in DCC-Sound equipped locomotive?
Which decoder i have to use & how to install it?
Thanks in advance...:eek:

If it's like the Bachmann GP38 you'll have to hardwire the decoder. I'm not aware of a drop in replacement board. But you should go on the manufacturers' websites to see if one exists (Soundtraxx, Loksound, QSI, Digitrax, MRC).

You also need to figure out where you'll put the speaker. Take off the shell and have a look. You may need to cut off part of the frame to fit the size speaker you want.

Back