Auto Reverser for DC?

KB02

Is there a company that makes an Auto Reverser for DC operations? I've been looking online and, other than the good ole fashion DPDT, I haven't been able to find one for DC. Everything I have found has been for DCC.

If kb02 is looking for an automatic control of a “stop, then reverse, stop, & go back” dc power for a single track (like you might see with a trolley), then santafewilly’s reverser should work. If he’s looking to automatically control a reverse loop or a wye, to sense when the loco needs the power reversed automatically, that’s probably going to require a DCC system such as PSX-AR

I believe an analog DC controlled layout can not employ a digital AR to flip phasing for trains within a reverse loop balloon track, wye, or turntable..
I think OP must remain doing the old DPDT toggle dance...But, for OP's sake, I hope I'm wrong.

an autoreverser designed to be used on a DCC layout will [in the case of a MRC reverser] just hum / buzz on DC
the simple one designed for DC only will not work on DCC, swapping of phases does not change direction...

It is a turn table I am trying to power with an auto reverser.

I converted from DCC to RailPro (which is awesome!), and RailPro is actually DC power, not AC. I have one of their auto-reversing unit's for my reverse loop but was having trouble getting a second one my turn table (back ordered). Over the week I was able to find one in stock at Yankee Dabler so I'm all set now.

Thanks!

Back