Attaching track to truss bridge

Hathaway Browne

Intrepid Adventurer
I've got the Walthers Double Truss bridge (instructions long since disappeared into the ether), so I was wondering, how should I lay track on it so its level?

I'm not familiar with the bridge, but what about glue? Are you going to use bridge track or just normal flex?

I use cheap caulk. Just caulk the bottom of the rail & hold it down w/some weights. Then if you need to ever take it up, just slide a knife underneath & it will pop off.

Larry

Do you mean level on the bridge or level with the rails coming from the tracks approaching the bridge?

In that case, I'll go with Larry's suggestion. Latex caulk is cheap, strong, and gives you some working time if you need to wiggle things around to get everything in place.

Thanks for that. :) I'll bear it in mind. I've just took up all my temporary track work around the bridge as I realised it needed to be "removable" so I can put the river bed in.
So the town's in a right disarray right now. Good job its vacation season... ;)

Caulk?

Make sure to use a clear. There's one that goes on white and dries clear, this way you know when it's dry, and you know where you've put it.

--Jon

Back