Atlas

W

wpkelley

Does anyone know when code 55 #5 turnouts will be available or atlas's email address. I didn't see it on their website.

Found 1 #5 turnout at Hobby town in San Antonio today. The guy said, "atlas is suppose to start shipping in January".

Atlas was having production trouble but I believe they have fixed them. Many dealers have failed to restock any code 55 track up until about a week ago. I would say to look after Christmas.

Atlas recently moved their production facilities around and the shortage of track is due to this. They'll be back on track (sorry) shortly.

I work at a hobby shop in Portland, Oregon and we've been told that due to the relocation of the production facility, first we were told they'd be up and running by August 2012, then November 2012. Now we're being told March or April before they're back on track (pun fully intended).

Brian

I work at a hobby shop in Portland, Oregon and we've been told that due to the relocation of the production facility, first we were told they'd be up and running by August 2012, then November 2012. Now we're being told March or April before they're back on track (pun fully intended).

Brian
Okay......if you happen to speak with them (atlas) again.....just tell them not to make very much......we have all switched to PECO now. :)

Mike

Some mom and pop shops may still have atlas flextrack and or turnouts, ive got lucky going to a few

Yes peco flex does look more realistic then atlas but once a person paints and ballast track it is hardly noticable.

The peco flex that holds when you bend it is a nice feature over atlas, i will give them that.

But the premium you pay for peco isnt so nice on the wallet

I guess i will go out on a limb here and say i will be the first person to admit i miss my atlas products :(

Some folks are bothered by the incorrect tie spacing (for modeling American railroads) of Peco track. This is another of those things that might not be so noticeable once the track is ballasted and weathered.

- Jeff

Back