Atlas super switch

doct0rnic

I am starting a new layout, my old layout had to be destroyed due to Mold on the wood so I am going to build the Central Midland, my old layout was the Granite Gorge and Northern and I really loved it but the basement flooded and spawned a lot of mold on the wood, Now I have been shopping for track and found that Atlas makes two different styles of Switches, the code 83 number 6 and the code 83 number six super switch, has anyone used the super switch in place of the regular number six switch?

I'm having trouble even finding information about what this "super switch" is. Lots of other people asking the same questions and only reference images like you've posted as information. I can't find them listed on Atlas's website for sale, and only referenced in #6 RH and LH.

Clearly they can not be used as direct replacement for sectional track as their dimensions are different and they don't have space for rail joiners so modifications are required.

This is what i found on a other forum:

Posted - 2010 February 05 : 2:45:00 PM
They have a higher fidelity to scale. The ties are scale sized. They do not have the indentions cut in the ties at the ends of the switch to facilitate rail joiners. They do not have the connections to mount an Atlas switch machine. They are only available in #6 right and left and as code 83.
so more like real?

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the reasons why I want to use them is because they look real but what I am trying to find out if the rail it self is longer then the regular custom line, which as what loud music said, the information is just not out there.

Back