Atlas and Peco track ?

Colbert

aka Chris from France
Hello Happy Members !
Can I connect the Atlas code 100 track with the Peco code 100 track ? Thanks for your help. Thanks for your help.

I will know very soon if I can use Peco and Hornby code 100 track with Atlas code 100 track because I ordered an Atlas #176 crossing. Wait and see...

image_2024-04-02_175904917.png

The only problem I have ever encountered with Peco turnouts is one case where wheels would sometimes pick the frog. Solved it by placing a .010" thick shim inside the guard rail on the one side. I think Peco Code 100 are actually OO scale, whereas they now advertise Code 83 as being "to American standards". Frankly, that one instance was the only one with the Code 100 Peco turnout, and easily solved.

I discovered that the Atlas track is made in China. WTF ! The Atlas and the Peco track don't work very well together. Because the heights of the sleepers are not exactly the same. But, with the rails joiners it seems it could work...

8001.jpg

8002.jpg

I discovered that the Atlas track is made in China. WTF ! The Atlas and the Peco track don't work very well together. Because the heights of the sleepers are not exactly the same. But, with the rails joiners it seems it could work...

View attachment 185517

View attachment 185518
Like I said, you really need to shim the peco track to the same height as the Atlas, it's going to cause connection and electrical problems if you don't, some cardboard or something similar would work.

Back