Anyone use Caboosehobbies.com?

Pantherdux

I have an order pending and one item said "call" and 1 item said on-order. Any idea if I will ever see these items? Just curious. I ordered 1/30 and have heard nothing. Sent an email and no reply. Thanks guys!!

Erik

Ordered once from them about 5 years ago & had a lot of problems w/them, so never ordered again.
I use Standard Hobby & Toy Train Heaven only. fast service, personnal service & they care.

Larry

I just ordered from them a month or so ago and everything went ok. I am not real fond of there website though. I thought it was really slow and didn't think it was the easiest to navigate around in.
Don't think I will order from them again unless it is something that I can only find there.

I just used Toy Train Heaven for the first time, and the service was nice. Better shipping then Walthers too. Never used Caboose Hobbies.

I just placed an order through them last night, so we'll see how it goes. I use First Hobby. They are great to work with and their prices are just as good as Caboose Hobbies. To me both of them are just fine.

I've ordered from Caboose Hobbies several times. They have great customer service and fast shipping. They are a little slow with their emails, so I would give them a call.

Stan.

From their website:
With a daily staff of over 30 here,

we are still not capable of answering lengthy emails.

We ask that you call us

303-777-6766 MST

Mon-Fri 9:30-6,Sat 9-5:30,Sun 11-5

I order from Caboose about every 7-10 days. I always call and they are more then willing to check availiblity then and there. Since I order so often I don't backorder so I have not had any kind of delays. Caboose is very good about stocking tough to locate structure detail parts, though for really large orders it is still better to call the manuacturer direct as no hobby shop stocks 30 packs of any number of Grant Line windows or 50 packages of a single size of Kappler stripwood.

Just wondering, are we talking about Caboose Hobbies in Denver, CO? Because if so, I've had fantastic service from them over the years when I've ordered from their Rio Grande used brass HO steam. In fact, I just ordered a PFM L-131 2-8-8-2 last month and got the little gem in about four days. Dang good price, too, considering what they usually go for on the brass websites I've haunted for the past several decades. So if this is the same Caboose Hobbies you guys are talking about, I'll give them an unequivocable two thumbs up, at least in their brass loco department.

Tom

I just placed an order with them via their website Sunday night. The items arrived yesterday (Wednesday) via UPS. I've found it's best to have them ship only what they have in stock and cancel the remainder. Otherwise, from past experience, you could wait up to 30 days to get your stuff. And, since by nature I'm an impatient fellow, I prefer to get what I want as soon as I can.

ymmv

-G-

Back