Anyone own a Hornby steam engines?

cjp53

Saw a Hornby steam engine on EBAY a '97 4-6-2 English engine that looked very nice.I don't know anything about these.Would like to here from those who have any.What are your thoughts and findings.Are these made by Rivarossi?

I have about 40 Hornby engines. They run just fine on HO track. They are OO scale just slightly larger than HO. I love all steam. They made a lot of tender drive engines that work very good. The newer engine have the drive in the boiler much like the Bachmann steam. The now own Rivarossi. You can go to the New Modelers Railway Forum in the UK for lots of information. If you like steam you won't be disappointed.

G'day....I no longer have any Hornby...haven't since I was a kid , but they're pretty big still here in Australia....Hornby are tied up with several other well known British hobby /toy companies and are directly involved with Triang and Lima trains..I think they now own them actually..There's some fabulous Hornby company videos on You Tube...Their main thing is OO 1:76 scale...and I know the locomotives are right up there for quality...The Flying Scotsman set is just beautiful...I almost bought one a while back but decided to stick to HO , Athearn Genesis purchases .....also BLI , Intermountain and Bachmann...otherwise I may get sidetracked too much...Hornby is really nice stuff . Cheers Rod..

There is no easy coupler kit that I know of. You will have to fabricate a coupler box for a Kadee. It can be done without much of a problem. Since I have plenty of Hornby, Roco, Fleischmann, Rivarossi, and Jouef engines I just took one of my freight cars and have a Kadee on one end and a European coupler on the other. The transition car works good. In a pinch all you need is a simple hook or bent wire at one end for the European hook up.

Back