Anyone in HO scale south of Atlanta?

mikeingeorgia

Hello all, I live about an hour south of Atlanta and was looking to meet up with any HO scalers to run trains with. If you're interested pm me, mike

I dunno the regions, but you happened across the right forum for Alabama model railroaders! I'm sure one will contact you soon.

I dunno the regions, but you happened across the right forum for Alabama model railroaders! I'm sure one will contact you soon.

Josh, Since when is Alabama south of Atlanta? There's a lot of people in Conyers, Covington & points south that have train layouts.

Larry

I used to visit with a gentleman who had a rather large basement railroad in the Peachtree City/Fayetteville area, but that was over 15 years ago. I would think if he was still in the area, it wouldn't be hard to find out what his name is from a local hobby shop.

There are parts of Alabama that aren't far from Atlanta at all. Both Anniston and Gadsen are within an hour of Atalanta. Unfortunately, a lot of us alabama bous are Birmingham south, some of us a lot south. It's about a four hour drive to Atlanta on a good day from Prattville. Still, if you ever get dow this way, Mike, you'd be more than welcome to stop by for a layout visit. It's not much but you'd probably make less wisecracks about it than my family. :)

Josh, Since when is Alabama south of Atlanta? There's a lot of people in Conyers, Covington & points south that have train layouts.

Larry
Hummm, I dunno, since my brain told me it was time to reply to this thread? :( :confused:

I live in the growing metropolis of Senoia. Can't miss it, just got a new McDonalds at the one red light in town! :D Just a couple of miles from Peachtree City.

hey mike. im in s. fulton county. if memory serves me correct senoia is a straight shot down SR-85. im new to the hobby and my layout is in its infancy. i went to my LHS (riverdale station) this past tuesday and saw 3 or 4guys in there shopping. good to know of other people in the general area. when i first got into it i was driving all the way to kennesaw to hobbytown USA. i had to take out a loan just to get gas to go out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard of a couple of big layouts in Fayetteville, but not sure who has them.

C.J. Mowell, (the mortician) supposedly has a big layout of Lionel. He had lots of equipment displayed in the old funeral home in Fayetteville. Not been in the new one to see if the trains are still displayed.

A friend of mine in Fairburn has been working on an HO layout. Not sure how far along he is yet.

Another friend has a layout under construction in his garage about halfway between Fayetteville and Senoia. As far as I know, he isn't running sessions yet. He did run some trains for my son and I last time we were down there.

My layout ain't much. But we're working on it.

Rotor

I live in Columbus, which is straight down I85/85, not far from you, but as of this moment, my layout isnt up and running, much less internet access yet. But it wont be long.

Back