Anyone else collect British/Hornby?

midrange

Steam & Diesel Fan
Just wondering if anyone else here collects British and Hornby products. Or is anyone out there have or is doing a British theme set up?

Today, we are going to pick up 2 of the limited edition 4-6-2 A4 Class (60012 & 60013). WE FINALLY also found an Evening star 92220 (brand new) which we are picking up in 3 weeks. Excited for that one.

http://www.modelfair.com/acatalog/r2825-6143.jpg
http://www.modelfair.com/acatalog/r2826-6145.jpg
http://www.topslotsntrains.com/topslotsntrains/uploaded_photos/r2785.jpg
This year is the only year these are selling. Only 1000 each (not the evening star) being produced so i figured i might as well get them. I'll take pics tonight when i get back with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I no longer have any Hornby equipment, but I do have a small amount of Fleischmann and Lima rolling stock. From what I can see in your photos, the quality of Hornby seems to have increased considerably in the last twenty years.
I have a vague plan to build a small layout based on the ex-GWR region of Devon.

i personally love hornby. My first hornby was the intercity HST 125. I couldn't believe how well that handled at high speeds on turns both forward and reverse.

what a disappointment. We opened the 60012, looked great, awesome detail. Put it on the track, it floated. Ran so quiet, smooth and beautiful. 3rd time around the track, one of the front wheels fell off.

That upset us. SO we decided to open the 60013 and instantly saw a broken piece of plastic in the box. What a shame. Paid a lot of money for these.

Anyways, on a good note, the people we bought it from are going to help us out and replace them.

But thats what we get for having China build everything for us these days.

i lovr british equipment, and OO looks like a good compromise between HO and S. if it wasn't so expensive and difficult to model british OO in the states i'd love to build something in that scale. those locomotives are just beautiful and elegant. at least the seller is taking care of you

i lovr british equipment, and OO looks like a good compromise between HO and S. if it wasn't so expensive and difficult to model british OO in the states i'd love to build something in that scale. those locomotives are just beautiful and elegant. at least the seller is taking care of you

Actually I'm pretty sure HO and OO are around the same size. I think they can both run on the same track width.

Caution To ALL Members of these forums

Members of these forums

The rules of the forum clearly state that you agree to respect COPYRIGHT material. Photos or complete articles from publishers or other sites without the owners permission is not allowed. Please respect the rules.
Links to thes photos or articles are allowed along wit a short excerpt describing the article or item

Thanks for your cooperation
Willis

Actually I'm pretty sure HO and OO are around the same size. I think they can both run on the same track width.

if i remember right, british OO runs on standard 1/87 track but the real equipment runs on a slightly wider gauge. the OO equipment is slightly larger. i believe it's 1/75 or 1/76 scale

Back