Anybody going to Timonium this weekend??

kbkchooch

"retired" conductor
Anybody going to the Timonium show this weekend?:confused: (10/26 & 27)
Rumor has it they will have a record 22 layouts running to see! Maybe get a few ideas from.:rolleyes: Plus of course, tons of tables of goodies.
I'll be there , one of my customers is planning to run a trio of engines I recently custom painted for him Can't wait to see them in action!

Thank you Karl for letting me know.

This would be a great way to spend Sunday with the Ravens having a Bye this week. I usually record the Redskins games to watch during the week anyway.

I hope to make it to the show.

I found this on the web it anybody needs further information or directions. http://www.gsmts.com/

I would like to come, but it would be a 2 day drive from where I live. I've always wanted to go to one of the shows there. Maybe one day...

I would like to come, but it would be a 2 day drive from where I live. I've always wanted to go to one of the shows there. Maybe one day...

C'mon Carey, you can crash at my place!
(Meanwhile, the rest of you can party at Carey's place) :rolleyes:

Bruette, Ravens have a bye week? After losing to Pittsburgh last week, they can take the rest of the season off! :mad::(

C'mon Carey, you can crash at my place!
(Meanwhile, the rest of you can party at Carey's place) :rolleyes:

Bruette, Ravens have a bye week? After losing to Pittsburgh last week, they can take the rest of the season off! :mad::(

Yo Karl, ease up on the Ravens - Look at the NY Football Giants (Midgets) for instance, or my NJ Devils. Compared to those organizations, The Ravens are doing great, or at least as good as Genius and the Jets.

I haven't decided whether I'm driving down yet. It will be a last minute call either way.

Joe

Hey Karl! Its ok, other then being a division opponent its just another game, that we should have won! The Steelers still have to come to Baltimore. There is a lot of football yet to play. John Harbaugh is having a bad year. He had not made so many questionable decisions in the first 5 years combined as he has this season. Our center is having a rough go, but they will straighten things out. Defense is playing great considering they are playing a game and a half each week because of the lack of ball control from the offense.

Go to the train show and forget about football for a week. Then next Sunday sit down in your favorite chair and watch them beat the Browns, I promise. (I hope)

Hey Doctor,

Let me know if you ever come to a show in Maryland because I would like to meet you, shake your hand and personally thank you for all the help you have given me.

The information you gave me about Lionel HO has led me to a lot of fun with these locomotives and a whole new aspect of my hobby. Thank you!

Hey Karl and any one else going to the show Sunday,

If I am up to going, look for me. I am 6'9" 290lbs (I use to be but I have shrunk some) very short black and grey hair. I will have my walker and 1 or 2 little boys with me. (4,5 years old. my grandsons) I will wear my grey Orioles shirt with black sleeves.

I will be happy to meet you and say hello.

I may go on Sunday. I've got relatives coming down Saturday and going home Sunday. I threw the idea out to do something on Sunday. If they want to do something, I'll have to skip this time.

Dont know quite how it happened, but I'm gonna be working at the White Elephant table this weekend,,,if ya go, stop and sat hi! :cool:

I would have been in the general area, and might have even made a stop by there on my way home to Wisconsin from Wilmington Delaware on Sunday afternoon... But that whole trip got canceled when this cold slammed me Wednesday night... Have a great time, all.

I will probably be asking the same question about Train Fest in Milwaukee in about 2-3 weeks....

From the DairyStatePhone

I will get there one day, but having just been to RPM last week and going to Trainfest in two weeks, well there is just so much vacation in a year. And just so much in the travel budget! Anybody go to both Amherst and Timonium? if so which do you prefer?

Just got home from the show. Here's what I bought.

IMG_6192_zpsa6a8287c.png

A couple of train paintings for the stairway wall going to the basement.
A steel load on a bulkhead flatcar.
A couple of BLMA cantilever signals.
A BLMA signal bridge.
Two Walthers auto racks.
Two pieces of G scale track.
An Bachman G scale steam locomotive for the kitchen cabinet display.
A couple of Athearn blue box kits for the grandsons to assemble.
A Digitrax 20 amp power supply.
A handfull of Kadee coupler packages.
Some tools and heat shrink tubing.

Glad I drove the truck to the show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back