Anybody custom paint?

CbarM

HO all the way!
I had a member here do this paint scheme on a Dash 8 for me and I am lovin it!! I have 5 of these 8-40 CW's that I would like to be painted in this scheme and is there anybody here who would do it and for what approx. cost?
attachment.php

Here is the same scheme wrapping an SD40-2. I have about 6 of those that will also need to be done, and also 2 GP39-2's, a GP60M n 2 GP60B's if someone would be interested in doing these :) Decal on the side would be "WESTERN PLAINS" but not sure what fond of lettering I want yet...
attachment.php

I know Josh Baakko does custom painting, he does great work! Try PMing him here on the forum and inquire if he might be interested in painting some of your locomotives for you.... His username is jbaakko. I can provide you with his email address if you would like as well, just drop me a PM if you would like it

I know Josh Baakko does custom painting, he does great work! Try PMing him here on the forum and inquire if he might be interested in painting some of your locomotives for you.... His username is jbaakko. I can provide you with his email address if you would like as well, just drop me a PM if you would like it

I have a loco in his 'shop' right now. His work is excellent, and prices are very competitive.

Well thanks for the info guys...I have emailed another member on this site about doing it and I am looking forward to working with him for now. I will post results here when I can!

Yeah, I guess Calgary isn't as remarkable ;)
Josh does do good work, so if he has time for another one, I'd highly recommend him.

Ohhh...cowtown!! I didnt know you were that close...mind you I dont know how to do an area member search here is its even possible at all. You must be out at Sunalta there. I have run long from there thru Alyth n on over the Brooks sub...

7.5's a bit west of Sunalta, know the twin bridges out in Bowness? That's my closest point. I don't believe there's any way to do a member search by anything other than name or posts.

You could ask Kelly Duford (I think I spelled his name right). He does excellent custom work. Although he's not a member on here as far as I know. He's got a website with his work and contact info you could check out

Sent from the past

I seen all the chat on here. Anyone here Specialize in BN painting? I got 2-3 SD9s that id like done up?

PM me if your willing.
Thanks
Tim

You could ask Kelly Duford (I think I spelled his name right). He does excellent custom work. Although he's not a member on here as far as I know. He's got a website with his work and contact info you could check out

Sent from the past

I just checked out his site and it says he is no longer taking work from non-existing customers due to heavy work load. His work looks very good though. Delano is also out of the custom painting work according to an email I received from him a month or two ago.

I can also vouch for Josh. He has done one for me already and I have a second in his shop. Hoping to continue with his services if he has time. I have a couple I want done up in my leasing companies livery.

if i had more free time i'de offer to help but my new work schedule makes it difficult to get my own stuff done.

I can also vouch for Josh. He has done one for me already and I have a second in his shop. Hoping to continue with his services if he has time. I have a couple I want done up in my leasing companies livery.

Have any of you heard from Josh lately? Also, dispatcher812, have you received your locomotive back from him yet?

I sent him a locomotive December 2010 and every time I would email him asking about progress, (I wasn't constantly pestering him, I kept it reasonable, one email a month), he would always tell me that he's still working on it. Then, in July, he said that he finished, but needed to photograph it for his website. Ok, I thought. I was hoping to get the locomotive back after a year and a half. (The locomotive I sent him is nearly impossible to find these days). I've emailed him twice since then and have not received a response.

Have any of you heard from Josh lately? Also, dispatcher812, have you received your locomotive back from him yet?

I sent him a locomotive December 2010 and every time I would email him asking about progress, (I wasn't constantly pestering him, I kept it reasonable, one email a month), he would always tell me that he's still working on it. Then, in July, he said that he finished, but needed to photograph it for his website. Ok, I thought. I was hoping to get the locomotive back after a year and a half. (The locomotive I sent him is nearly impossible to find these days). I've emailed him twice since then and have not received a response.

No I have not. I too had been checking with him ever so often and he usually got back to me. However i have not tried in a while.

I just check out his site and its very new. Maybe his old contact info does not work anymore. I sent him message through that asking about mine and told him that you (diburning) where also looking for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh is one of my best friends and he has been really busy lately. He told me that he needed to get some projects done. He wants to buy an air compressor so he can get projects done, but he hasn't been able to get it due to some issues he had earlier this year.
I am confident he will get the stuff done. He is working on some weathering projects for me btw.

Back