Any problem...

L

lakesideboy

never mind....

Last edited by a moderator:
It probably just me, but I don't get it. If you are asking what I think you are, I don't know why you would do it. I think you can.

Sorry, but I'm lost on this one too. Are you asking about using a car stop rather than an uncoupler? And for what purpose?

would there be any problem with cutting a dead end uncoupler off a straight piece of track and mounting it onto a turnout as long as it doesn't effect movement?

Sounds to me like you're currently using some Horn Hook couplers, as that "was" generally the only couplers that could use what was called a one way uncoupler.

It won't affect the turnout at all, but if the turnout is within reach, take a page from the "skewer" usrs and make you an uncoupler mounted on a skewer like below. There was a company back in the 1970's called HP Products IIRC. They offered their "Double Uncoupler" which had a very small spear shaped tip on one end for knuckle couplers and a bigger electrical lug on the other. There was a small plastic straw as a handle. They were just too fragile to work consistantly.

Back