Any HO scale Metra modelers out there? I need your help!

BMR777

Do you model Chicago's Metra? Then I need your help! I'm trying to get a manufacturer to produce the new Nippon Sharyo Bi-Levels for Chicago Metra in HO scale. As you may know, Kato produced these in N scale but doesn't show any signs of wanting to do these in HO scale.

While I was browsing the internet I found this site called SpecialRuns.com which is run by the TrainBoard forum. What they do is take requests for special orders, then if there is enough interest they will work with a manufacturer to make a limited quantity of the desired product that people can then order. For instance, they currently did a limited run of 300 of a unique N scale boxcar.

My goal is to get Special Runs to create a Metra coach / cab car set of the Nippon Sharyo bi-levels. You can read about how the special run process works here. My proposal thread for this is located here.

If you are interested in these cars, please help me out and post in the proposal thread and maybe, just maybe these cars may become a reality. :)

I dont think they make models it looks like they just have manufacturers do special paint schemes on already available models. The N scale boxcar is being done by microtrains so I am assuming its just a custom paint scheme being made as no Co. will make a injection mold for 300 cars and sell them for $30 each. Maybe Island Model Works would be willing to do the cars for metra as they have done others even though they are crude resin castings.

I've come across this site before. I've heard though that the resin models can have some major flaws once they are produced, so I am a bit leery of this. Also, that page doesn't say if the gallery cars are the new ones. I do see that they have the 1960s Budd cars on there, but since these have mostly been replaced it puts me in the same situation as with Kato's Metra bi-levels, where I can't model present day operations.

Back