Another problem uploading photos

PMW

It used to be I would upload a picture from my phone to my laptop and was able to attach them to a post here. For some time the pictures uploaded from my phone are not shown as available to post here. I have to take a screenshot of the picture then upload the screenshot to my post.

Does anyone know what happened? Thanks

It used to be I would upload a picture from my phone to my laptop and was able to attach them to a post here. For some time the pictures uploaded from my phone are not shown as available to post here. I have to take a screenshot of the picture then upload the screenshot to my post.

Have you tried opening the foto on your computer and simply Copy and Paste, that's all I do.

You should be able to upload a picture directly from your phone to here, without adding the complication of another device.

IMG_5996.jpeg

Still works that way, I uploaded a random pic from my phone.

Reactions: PMW
Just tried that. Said image type was invalid???

Pictures from my phone are in a format not supported by the forum? They used to be :confused:
That's a bit of a bugger, must have been one of the changes Bob made recently, can't you save it as a 'jpeg file on your computer ?

My iPhone changed the photo format with an update. I was able to upload pics at work one day, the phone updated overnight, and the next day I couldn't upload pics any more. I had to find and change it back, with my phone whining the whole time about how much more room the images would consume using jpeg. I don't know how many photos they think the average person puts on their phone, but i have thousands on mine, and haven't really made a dent in the storage.

Iphone 13, straight from the "photos" gallery on my phone, works fine. I did notice that it was a jpg file. If you're shooting in Apple's proprietary HEIC format, that is quite likely the problem.

Photo is of a hand built #9 turnout. I got the kit from A&K Railroad Materials. Very prototypical, but you won't like the cost...

IMG_8007.jpeg

Back