AFT Roll-By!!

enjineerbill

Avid People Watcher
HO Scale

American

Freedom

Train

Although the train traveled in different configurations, this is one I have seen in videos. The train will make its' debut this March 21st and 22nd here in La Crosse , Wisconsin, at the La Crosse and 3Rivers Train Show.

rb_1.png

rb_2.png

rb_3.png

rb_4.png

rb_5.png

rb_6.png

rb_7.png

rb_8.png

rb_9.png

rb_10.png

rb_11.png

rb_12.png

rb_13.png

rb_14.png

rb_15.png

rb_16.png

rb_17.png

rb_18.png

rb_19.png

rb_20.png

rb_21.png

rb_22.png

rb_23.png

rb_24.png

rb_25.png

That's All.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great Bill!!

BTW, does anyone make AFT decals for the GS4? I've got a Bachmann engine repowered with Bowser mechanism that I really don't know why I bought it. I might be persuaded to keep it IF I could get a good set of decals and paint colors......might make a good excursion engine!

Beautiful work!

Johnnyl,

You have produced a wonderful model. I bet it looks even better in person!

Thank you for posting the pictures.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great Bill!!

BTW, does anyone make AFT decals for the GS4? I've got a Bachmann engine repowered with Bowser mechanism that I really don't know why I bought it. I might be persuaded to keep it IF I could get a good set of decals and paint colors......might make a good excursion engine!

Specifically for the GS-4, not that I know of. But the decal sets available for the train could easily be adapted for use. I would, if I were doing the loco, paint it myself, including the stripes. Like you, the GS-4 pictured here is a Bachmann(new DCC version) it will get a tsunami sound decoder when I can Rex to install it for me!:D

They are great runners, once broke in.........

Johnny

Specifically for the GS-4, not that I know of. But the decal sets available for the train could easily be adapted for use. I would, if I were doing the loco, paint it myself, including the stripes. Like you, the GS-4 pictured here is a Bachmann(new DCC version) it will get a tsunami sound decoder when I can Rex to install it for me!:D

They are great runners, once broke in.........

Johnny

I remember now! I got the GS4 as part of a lot I won on ebay. All I really wanted was the brass gp35 that came with it! (plus 2 dummy Athearn F7's)
The prior owner had attempted a repower, but never finished, so I got the Bowser kit (new drivers,siderods, motor, chassis parts tender pickups, and weights, lotsa weights!) and rebuilt her. Now its really a runner, and can outpull a standard Bachmann GS, but alas, I don't model SP. OR maybe I can find a AFT "clunker" with good paint and swap the body shells??

Back