Accumate coupler trigger pins keep falling out

SilverBlade

Is there a simple trick to fixing Atlas Accumate coupler triggering pins? I've tried simply poking them back in but they don't seem to want to go in and I'm nervious about appling too much pressure.

Does any body else have this problem with Atlas? I have only 2 Atlas cars and a loco and the pins have fallen out of all 3!

Best solution is to just change the coupler with Kadee's :D
Otherwise you can leave the pin out. It's only needed for magnetic uncoupling

That's very odd, as I have at least 10 Atlas cars with these couplers and I haven't experienced this or any other problems. Well, not that I've noticed anyway! The McHenrys that Athearn use on the other hand......@$&*# $!%$ &¢®#@%$@!!! :mad:

That's a fairly common problem ....they are usually OK till you try to adjust them, and then it's bye-bye. Unless you plan to use magnetic uncoupling the pin doesn't do anything, so just leave them off . If you are using magnetic uncoupling, you can glue them in, but if you need to adjust them later, they'll usually snap off again and frequently take other parts of the coupler with them. The other option is to replace them with MT/kaydees, but that's a costly option if you don't need the pins.

I took all of the Accumates off my Atlas stuff and introduced them to Mr. Trashcan. :D Did the same with the McHenrys on the Athearn stuff. Kadees are worth the minor extra cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who doesn't uncouple?! I had some extra MTs for the cars but the loco is body mounted and those are a pain to replace. So let me get this straight: Micro Trains is the ONLY supplier on this entire planet who knows how to manufacter decent couplers? Seriously?

Back