A wreck repair.

BCK RR

As for this kit bashed model and it’s model designation Wreck repair??? - ModelRailroadPhotos.com I think it’s sending the wrong message he calls it an fu-2 .. it ’s apparent the person wasn’t thinking of what the designation means. I think it’s time to re designate the model . Just my opinion.

BCK RR aka TomBCK RR aka Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. Nothing wrong with it at all. It may upset some river counters, but it is well done.

I never said I was a rivet , bolt counter.. I was thinking of those who are concerned . FYI, my mother was a High School English Teacher and if she saw this and the model designation she would dig out the RED PEN, Bar of soap or Castor Oil and Spoon ! And I am almost inclined with her to do the same..

BCK RR aka Tom

If you don't like that model designation, don't ever ask me what "ES&BM" stands for.

Looks like a cross/mix of an EMD F unit and a GE U-23 or 25........FU makes perfect sense.........unless your mind is in the gutter.

18084bj5455g0jpg.jpg

couldnt be any far off than the NYC doing this, I saw this in person.

6043.1112539680.jpg

maybe you could lash it up with this....

I think the name fits...its comedic....

A lot can be personally read into a group of letters. What is in a persons mind ???? There's a program on Velocity called Wheels That Fail. WTF. Those letters do come to mind if I do have a derailment on my layout. Pesky little wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a modeler on eBay that occasionally sells his models from his imaginary road called "SH*T." There is no asterick point in his paint schemes font. But the way the font is done it fools the eye into telling the brain "I know what it says, but it's such a pleasing font it doesn't offend me.' He was selling a kato dash 9 with his scheme on there and it had several high bids on it. Strange.

As for this kit bashed model and it’s model designation Wreck repair??? - ModelRailroadPhotos.com I think it’s sending the wrong message he calls it an fu-2 .. it ’s apparent the person wasn’t thinking of what the designation means. I think it’s time to re designate the model . Just my opinion.

BCK RR aka TomBCK RR aka Tom

As the builder of the model in question, I have to admit, I'm a little surprised over this thread. The pic is also on my Web page with an explanation of the nomenclature. The front of an F9, mated to a U23B . DCC equipped, hence the dash-2. What else would you call it??
This is not the 1st one of these. I saw an FU at a show , the vender was Tom's Trains. I've since sold this one, but I'must considering building another.
That being said , where did a sense of humor go?????

Personally, I think this is much ado about nothing. I got a good chuckle the first time I came across this and thought it was quite creative. Needless to say, I liked it.

I have a reefer that is for Sioux City dressed beef.......the reporting marks are SUCX. Sometimes the letters just fall where they fall................

Karl, I just have to like someone who is from the People's Republic of Absurdistan. Must be populated by people who think "outside the (loco body) box". :)

DougC

Karl, I just have to like someone who is from the People's Republic of Absurdistan. Must be populated by people who think "outside the (loco body) box". :)

DougC

Thanks Doug, It ain't easy being here, but we make the best of it. Thats about all I can say here on the forums, without getting too poly-tical, if ya know what I mean! :rolleyes:

i apologize for ruffling feathers here for the person who thought about choosing the model Designation on the kit bashed model mentioned. It seems that is the way we, many of us in society have become LAZY and or business like..

BCK RR

Back