A ? to those of you who have ordered from HF on line

Have any of you ordered your stuff from harbor freight online?

I made an order on the 10th and it was shipped on the 13th.

To my suprise the delivery date is the 23rd of this month.

I may be over reacting but that is just obsurd. The Nearest HF is an hour & half from me, so i figured what the heck ill just order it onling t hinking 4-6 days.

So does it really take that long? It says in the FAQ's they normally use UPS to ship, my # is fed ex, so im just trying to figure out what pigeon they tied my order to and sent on its way lol

I agree it sounds nuts but it depends on where the warehouse is. It might be shipping in from overseas. Your tracking number should allow you to find out its routing.
I once ordered a book from Amazon that shipped from their Coffeyville Ks. warehouse that went to Columbus OH before coming back to KC to be delivered to me.. Who knows why it takes so long. Never know you may have it alot earlier than the 23rd

I usually get things pretty quickly from Harbor Freight. When they use Fed Ex, it seems like the estimated arrival date is always wrong by about a week. I'll bet you'll get it in a couple of days.

I ordered their 4" table saw in April of last year. They had to wait until more were made until they could ship. I finally got it in July, with an extra set of diamond edged blades for it. They didn't charge my CC until it shipped. It did only take 4 days to get here, according to the shipping date on the carton.

HF ships from regional warehouses, not local stores.

yeah i kinda figured that, my complaint is gonna be if the order actually takes as long as it says its gonna.

But if it does that is the last time I order through them online, ill just drive the hour & half to the nearest one.

If it's fedex ground or "smartpost", you can pretty much ignore the expected delivery date on the tracking. It's always waaaay off for me (arrives days sooner), no matter who is the shipper. I have a harbor freight about 15 mins from me :D

If it's fedex ground or "smartpost", you can pretty much ignore the expected delivery date on the tracking. It's always waaaay off for me (arrives days sooner), no matter who is the shipper. I have a harbor freight about 15 mins from me :D

I even talked to a CS rep just to ask why they say 10-12 days for delivery after shipped, pretty much gave me answers for questions i didnt ask and nothing for the one i did ask LOL.

well itll get here when it gets here, not much can be done now.

oh yeah the CS rep said something if ya want faster service call the order department.

uhhhhh ok so im thinking he means just getting the order processed i have no idea.

The reason for quoting long (worst case) shipping time is just to keep customers from calling for order status. This way most are pleasantly surprised when it arrives early.

Also, a large portion of the population does not understand the concept of "business days", and the fact that holidays do not count as business days. So, suppose you order something that will ship by UPS ground from CA to NY. We know this takes 5 business days. However, they have to say "7 days" because of the buffoons that don't understand weekends don't count. Then they have to add one more day to that for the ones that will be shipping across a holiday. And then there are the people that think the first day is the same day they order, so you have to add one more. See, you're up to a shipping estimate of 9 already. Then there are the cases where you order on a Friday and it doesn't ship until Monday... 2 more days. There's your 11.

I run an online business and you'd be surprised the ridiculous things that you have to do, to get people to just be patient. When you run a tight ship, the goal is to minimize inquiries about order status, shipping time, etc, because those take up time... and of course to never estimate too soon, because an estimate is a "promise" to some people... It's called "managing expectations".

mike,

yeah that makes sence, I was just suprised as ive never had any place ive ever ordered from quote a shipping time that long, so i was sorta confused.

I know all to well what your talking about as far as impatient people go lol.

Back