A Painted Sign - NOT a my best work!

IowaFarmBoy

My vision is better since laser eye surgery.. My arthritis is better. Apparently my mind is worse. I was creating an old looking sign for a scratchbuild I am doing. I made 2 errors. I forgot to put the lid on a bottle of white paint and I forgot how to spell. Masking the area again and repainting is in the works. The 2 white blotches are from ChickieKitty, one of our cats who is nearly blind, poking her nose in the white paint and then poking it on the sign. The rest is all me.

StevensGrocerySupply002-1.jpg

From one old guy to another.

At one point living in New Mexico I had a friend who had a trading post in Shonto which is way in there in a very remote part of Northern Arizona. He had a rug made for him that had the trading post name on it. Below the name it was supposed to say "Arts and Crafts"

When the rug came in, and they're seriously slow to make and not the sort of thing you get to change later, it said "Arts and Carfts". He still has it and he's well in to his '80's at this point. He wouldn't sell it for the world.

I think its great! leave it be dont touch it.....It would be fun to see how many people notice and how long it takes.

I'm further along on the sign. A sign painting crew, on a break right now, has been working on it. The "l" is half-done and the "y" template is up and ready to be traced onto the wall. I repainted because of bad memories of an acquaintance and his bicentennial unit named "Spirt of 76" which has stuck in my mind since 1976.

StevensGrocerySupply005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back