A&P Regional Warehouse

NYW&B

I though folks here might be interested in having a look at my HO scale kitbashed A&P region warehouse.

AP0-1XXb_edited-1.jpg

It's designed as a large background building and spans about two feet, eventually to be situated at the rear of my main yard facility. It was created by "unfolding" and modifying a single Walthers R.J.Frost cold storage building, pictured below.

09330000003020.gif

Several of the loading doors are open and one can apparently see aisles of stocked racks inside.

AP02-1.jpg

NYW&B

I like it, that's the supermarket chain where my parents always shopped at when I was a young'en - mostly to get their fresh ground Eight-O-Clock coffee. What did you use to make the round A&P sign on the roof?

In answer to Ken's question, the A&P sign was a laser kit offered by Bar Mills some years ago.

Incidentally, the righthand portion of the structure (the last three panels of the section including the one with the small sign over the doorway) is setback slightly from the loading dock section. This explains the slight apparent break seen in the photo. This was to provide addition relief in the building's appearance. Overall, the building is about 4" deep.

NYW&B

Last edited by a moderator:

Back