2022 Amherst Train Show at the Big "E"

Was there a story to the turntable with the steamer on it and I didn’t reread all of your posts. Have you ordered one of those gorgeous UP engines I assume ?
019ABF5E-7F1E-4B1E-9878-0B987A537FAF.png

Thanks for posting these. I had planned on making the trip with the family, but the weather cancelled our plans. It's a 4 hour drive, one way. Didn't make sense to fight the weather yesterday or the clean up today.

How were the crowds?
In the morning it was very light but by noon it was getting full and busy. Not at normal level though. I suspect today (Sunday) would be bonkers.

Was there a story to the turntable with the steamer on it and I didn’t reread all of your posts. Have you ordered one of those gorgeous UP engines I assume ?
View attachment 139939

The story with the turntable is that this particular vendor was selling custom turntables for O scale 2 rail and 3 rail. They were quite impressive.

As for the GP30s I may end up getting a fleet of all Union Pacific. I currently hve 2 GP30Bs that were scratch &custom built from blue box athearns although they are dummies. I also have 2 Proto 2000 P30s. I may sell them offf to help fund the new Scaletrains GP30s. We shall see.

Last edited:
After going back through the pics, I noticed the trains on the layouts that not many were weathered, the scenes were great and detailed nicely.

I am glad you brought that up. It is an interesting point actually. I noticed that myself. As I was observing those who were operating the locomotives that were not weathered they seem to be on the younger generation but then again there were some of the same age group who weathered their locos to the "T" and looked fantastic. So really a hit and miss. I personally have a mixed bag of weathered and non weathered. To each his own.

I'm glad they offered the video links and video tour of the show. No way was I going to drive all the way up there in that weather and for the few items I wanted to pick up.
A friend did attend yesterday, and he picked up the items I needed.

Ken,

I almost didn't go. I would not have if I lived south of the show for sure. Being that I was coming from the North and West I knew I would be good and especially heading back home. I paid very close attention to the radar. Anyhow maybe next year you can make it?

It was good of your friend to get some of the items for you. Cool.

The one thing I wished I could have gotten that I couldn't find or get was the Micro Engineering ladder switch LH 5e. That was on the top of my list as I have been having trouble finding/acquiring it on the net thus far. I only need one!

I pretty much got what I wanted otherwise with a few extras.

I am glad you brought that up. It is an interesting point actually. I noticed that myself. As I was observing those who were operating the locomotives that were not weathered they seem to be on the younger generation but then again there were some of the same age group who weathered their locos to the "T" and looked fantastic. So really a hit and miss. I personally have a mixed bag of weathered and non weathered. To each his own.
When our club does a show the guys pretty much bring weathered stock to run. A few newer guys haven't gotten their feet wet yet but looking at the difference and how weathering brings out the details they want to learn.

Back