1/87th Vehicles

Anyone get anything new? I recently got myself a New Beetle, and a NASCAR COT.

Looking for new Reel Rides, and the Malibu Mini Cooper. Also, I'm looking for a Ton release, the McDonald's truck, not sure where or when it was available, doubt it was a retail thing, but I want a few.

I grabbed all the new NASCAR COT's when they came out on the weekend of the Daytona 500. There is about 8 of them in the first batch I believe.

Scott

Athearn has announced a Ford 1993 Crew Cab F350 in HO. This should fill a few voids for some of us.

I hope they do a Hy-rail version, particularly a non-crew cab hy-rail version. Guess I'll have to send them some pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Voids? Trident has an early 90's F350.

I know about the Trident Model. I just thought that it was so poor that it was not worth mentioning. I am used to working on trident models to get them up to speed but I passed on the 1990's Ford Pickups.

I bought a 1/64th lowboy tractor & trailer to get a 1/87th backhoe that was sitting on the trailer. I needed it for my rock quarry. What I would really like to find is a Dragline in HO that I could afford.
Malibu was supposed to come out w/a whole line of late model pickups over a year ago, but it never happened.
They showed up on the stock sheets for WM toys in 2006.

Larry

I need more modern trucks too. I have a number of Dodge Rams, and some Fords, I need some Chevy/GMC models.

Here's a few pics of some or all of my 1/87th tractors & some trailers.

Has anyone seen the Furuta brand cars? They look like they might be 1/87 scale, but I wondering if they really are?

They have quite a few Japanese cars from various years.

Rotor

Futura ranges from about 1:90 to 1:100. The smaller the prototype car, the better it will be. There's some nice ones though, I have quite a few.

Still looking for the Reel Rides 1:87 Delorean. I think it ws supposed to come out last November along with the Mini-Cooper. My local Walmart dropped their stock of 1:87. Anbody seen it?
Thanks,
Doc

No luck yet Doc. I've seen the Mini Coopers on eBay from time to time, nothing else. I'm getting depressed.

Larry, I think you've spent more money on vehicles than I've spent on rolling stock. :) I have a friend who's a police officer and former firefighter. I think he just past number 300 of police car, fire truck and ambulance models. How do you display all your vehicles? His have taken over his whole layout and half his train room.

My layout is big enough to hold all my vehicles & all my trains. As I build-up an area it gets clogged w/an over abundance of vehicles until I finish another area, then I move some to the new section. By the time I get done w/half of my layout I will have to start buying more trucks to fill it up. I buy a lot of trucks at my local Dollar Tree just to get the trailers to make containers for my well cars. Most of the tractors are either to big or to small to sit in a scene. I take the running gear out of the trailers & make them into containers. I figure I have about 150 semi's, 200 cars & pickups, 100 regular trucks(box, garbage, cement, car haulers, fire trucks, etc.) & a few motorcycles. I need newer pickups, motorcycles & bicycles. I have about 20 planes & about 30 helicopters. have about 15 military tanks & 2 jeeps. On the layout before this one I had a large airport w/at least 10 planes in the air. Not this time. So, all of my planes will be flying trying to find someplace to land. Maybe that will come later. I still have a lots of room to add on, as usual.

Larry

Back