1/87th Vehicles

Do you guys have the 1/87 Hot wheels out there in PA?
My Wally World close to home is in the middle of revamping the whole store. They have pallets every where and all the new toys are still in boxes on those pallets. I'm sure they are in there but I just have to wait patiently (yeah right :eek: ) to see when they stock the shelves with the new ones. I check at lease once a week since I'm about 8 miles from the store.

Scott

Interestingly enough I noticed they actually went to the trouble of putting tire tread patterns on the bottoms of the tires on those cars unlike Malibu International's previous line.
Sadly they're marketed by Malibu.

So I took a peak at Corgi's military stuff. The Abramm's was about 1:72, and I ALMOST bought the UH-60, well, the VH-60, USMC HMX-1's "Marine One" the presidential helicopter... But is looks too small, like 1:100. :(

Do you guys have the 1/87 Hot wheels out there in PA?

I know the one in Delmont, PA does. That's the one I went to and found the Reel Rides. If I remember correctly I saw the hotrod, a mustang, and the ford GT40. Didn't buy any though as I was more interested in the reel rides the guy brought out and after getting them I ran out of extra money for buying 1/87 scale cars and had to buy stuff for my 1/1 scale car.

Here they are! These cars are nice, plastic body, with a die-cast chassis. The wheels are plastic, and not the best, though I think they can be replaced by some from a Malibu offering. I think I'm going to swap the tires with the Reel Rides C-10 (my 2nd one) and one of the two Camaro Z28's, then install some wheels from one of the vans (I have a few scrap ones) on the C-10.

Josh, Those are the exact Exact's I bought when KB Toys was the liquiditor.
They also had a 6 pak & a 9 pak. As I said before I still have quite a few.

I just sent out my money order for the two fire trucks that I ordered. I should have them in about a week. When they arrive, I will give them a once-over, then post my opinion of the trucks on here. They are a tower ladder, and a rear-mount ladder truck from Del Prado (from the link that jaabbako supplied a few pages ago).

Sweet Larry, very nice cars huh? Little lacking in the paint department but nice.

rock4329, I can't wait to hear back. I should be ordering my first 2 in a few weeks.

Hey Josh,where did you find those antiques?I went to N scale from HO in 1993 and those cars were old then.:D By the way I still have most of them.

Hey guys,d'ya think there will be much interest in this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
HEADS UP--All--I think WM is going to pull anything made in China off their shelves for testing. This includes anything from Mattel(Hot Wheels) & I noticed today that none of the Malibu were on the shelves. They must be made in China too.
BTW--As of yesterday I don't work for WM anymore.

Larry

Well not working for WM might be a good thing...

Too much stuff is made in China, and their standards just aint up to ours.. I wish companies would wake up and realize theres more to it than just the bottom dollar and how much profit you can make..

I think this might be good for WM to try making this bold move. I just wonder how far back this will put their Mira Loma import warehouse:rolleyes: Well leaving WM can be a good thing I left 10 years ago and life has been good.

Well not working for WM might be a good thing...

Too much stuff is made in China, and their standards just aint up to ours.. I wish companies would wake up and realize theres more to it than just the bottom dollar and how much profit you can make..

Exactly. Not meaning to hi-jack this into a political thread but seriously with all the human rights violations China has been accused do companies really think we should keep trusting them with food and other consumer goods? It's pretty obvious they don't care what happens to their own people so what makes our country think they'll care about our people?

I also heard some story about some woman who ended up getting chemical burns on her feet from wearing flip-flops she bought at wal-mart. Here's the link for it. warning some gross pics. http://consumerist.com/consumer/dangerous-defects/woman-receives-severe-chemical-burns-from-flip-flops-walmart-tells-her-to-complain-to-manufacturer-280572.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Josh,where did you find those antiques?I went to N scale from HO in 1993 and those cars were old then.:D By the way I still have most of them.
I think I just spend to much time & money on eBay.

As for Wal*mart, whats going to be left to buy!? Food?

HEADS UP--All--I think WM is going to pull anything made in China off their shelves for testing. This includes anything from Mattel(Hot Wheels) & I noticed today that none of the Malibu were on the shelves. They must be made in China too.
BTW--As of yesterday I don't work for WM anymore.

Larry

None of the cars are part of the recall. Go to Mattel's website, they list what's on the recall.

Scott

Went to WM today store is starting to redo their mods. At this store they are going to keep the 1/87 trucks:) But as for the Norscot its a done deal:( They are on the clearance aisle for $5 right now. Alot of the bulldozer and excavator.

Back