1/87th Vehicles

We couldn't find any 1/87 scale vehicles at the local Wally World. :( Guess I'll have to try some other locations.

Hint... When you got to Wal*Mart, don't look in the hotwheels section, find the section with all the scale motorcycles, like the west coast shoppers ones, and the boxes of the smaller motorcycles, you'll probly find the 1:72 cars there and a tag where the 1:87th cars should be, or maybe one or 2 cars...

My local cheapie-cheapie shop here in UK was doing soft-top and top-down VW's in 1:72 scale last time I went in about a week ago at 99p that's about US$1.40
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

I have found HO and N scale vehicles at Auto Parts II and at AutoZones before, they are usually at the checkout counter.

I found out yesterday at work(WM) that the 1/87th cars were a one shot deal until after Christmas. The buyers didn't know if they would sell very well, so they will hold off for awhile & see what the market is going to do. I will get on the WM Wire on the computer at the store & tell them we need more. There's also supposed to be a line of 1/87th pick-ups & vans coming out later. I hope they get the motorcycles too. The 1/72nd cars aren't selling at all. At my store anyway. They still have almost all of the original ones. There's 24 to a box & I noticed there were about 40 still left.

Larry

Found out today that the 1/87th cars will not be at the stores after Christmas like I said before. It was a 1 shot deal. Athearn has their new Coca-Cola & john Deere sets in the toy dept now. These are cheap sets & are real cheap in price compared to mail order & hobby shop prices.
If everyone gets on Walmart.com & contact the toy dept., maybe you can get them to start selling them again. Just a thought. They don't show up in the reorders for the dept.

Larry

Hi Larry, here's a couple I bought at the Truro MR show. They appear to be made of a hard rubber and were labeled as filler cars (background). I paid about US$2.50 each for them. Not too bad a job on the caddie but I got the chev for it's Custom looks. :D It appears to be a 1957 Chev grill on a 56 Chev body with 58 dodge fins on the back fenders. They forgot to paint the back bumper, but a custom job like this I just had to have :D
Cheers Willis

Last edited by a moderator:
My wally world has some nice looking tractors, that looked close enough to HO for me to buy one each. Pics later...

jbaakko said:
My wally world has some nice looking tractors, that looked close enough to HO for me to buy one each. Pics later...
The John Deere tractors that I bought at a WM were 1/87th scale. Said so on the package.

Larry

Athearn tractors!

Hey gang,

My "Dad" and I scored all six of the Athearn, John Deere tractors that Wally World sells.
The models are as follows:
1) Model B tractor
2) 50 Series tractor
3) 6420 tractor
4) GP tractor
5) Model D tractor
6) Waterloo Boy tractor

These things are cool and I heard that a John Deere dealer is coming to the NY&W RR. :D

Well, I finally managed to take a look at one of the local Wal-Mart's and no 1:87 cars any where. I will try the other one that is a little larger in a few days. This is no big surprise. Even though this metro is over 100k people and a University town, if Grandpa didn't need it...they don't have it.

Was in my Walmart yesterday & the 1/87th vehicles were sitting there on the shelf. 48 of them. These had about 12 different cars that I didn't have & some new colors for the ones I already have. So, I called a friend in town & he bought 26 & I bought the rest. So, get out there & find some more.
There's supposed to be a new line of 1/87th pickup trucks by the same company in a couple of months. Keep an eye out for any new vehicles for H.O. scale in case I miss any.

Larry

WooHoo! I finally found a Wally World that stocks the 1/87 cars! I think I only checked about 6 stores before I found them. :eek:

Back