Search results

1. R

Bowser E-mail

I got this e-mail from Lee English President of Bowser today: Just a little note to all our customers, Bowser has discontinued HO steam locos, turntables, Standard gauge and O gauge replacement wheel production. We will continue to make our HO diesel locomotives, HO freight car, N...
  2. R

C430 Kitbash

A few months ago, I started to build a C430 (Reading version) from parts of a Stewart C630 shell and Atlas parts. So far I have the project looking the part. The drive is from an Atlas GE U23B, and as you can see there are quite a few other Atlas parts in this build. The fuel tank is from an...
  3. R

Help!

I need a Stewart C630 low nose cab in the worst way! If you have one please let me know. Bowser is out of stock and doesn't know when they will have them again.
  4. R

Railroad Trivia

Everyone is invited to play Railroad Trivia with us. The questions are quite challenging, and fun. You play every day to acumulate points to purchase tawdry awards. See how much you know. Sponsored by the folks at The Diesel Detailer. :) Diesel Detailer Railroad Trivia Game.
  5. R

Who moved my Photos?!!!

To the person that moved my photos. I have removed all of my photos, my signature, and my avitar. I will no longer post at this forum.
  6. R

Internet Explorer 8

Anyone have problems using PHP Forums with Internet Explorer 8?
  7. R

N&W "what if" Experimental Unit.

Well, what we have here is a N&W High Nose Experimental GP18Xac. Here are a few quick shots. Remember, it's gonna be a "what if?" Norfolk & Western unit. The dynamic brakes came from an ATLAS GP-38, the cab is Athearn, and the nose is Cannon. I lowered the bolsters on the Athearn trucks to get...
  8. R

Help!

Can somebody please look in an older Walther's Catalog and show me what a Smokey Valley #290 GP15-1 Radiator Grill looks like? I purchased a SV GP15 on evilbay and part #7 and #8 were missing...the radiator grills to be exact.
  9. R

M420R for the River Run

10. R

Shelf layouts

I've always liked shelf layouts. My last two were shelf layouts. As I'm over 6 feet tall I build mine high, my last one being upwards of 68 inches. I enjoyed the part by part Shelf Layout articles in recent Moder Railroader issues, and I think I'm going to follow Josh's lead and build a small...
  11. R

N&w Sd-40

I've done much more on my Athearn SD-40. The I beam and traction motor cables have been added, as have many more details. I'm now waiting on the walkway material from Railflyer to arrive.
  12. R

40, no dash & other critters

I started this Athearn SD-40 this week. I purchased this unit from an eBay seller that specializes in "less than pristine" items. This SD-40 will get the same treatment as my SD40-2. I've already "milled" the frame down and added the Cannon High Hood and a few details. The Athearn SD-40 has an...
  13. R

Strip a KATO?

Anyone here ever strip a KATO diesel? What did you use?
  14. R

N&W SD40-2 construction

I've done much more work on my N&W SD40-2. Here's a shot for posterity. You'll find many more shots over at the Diesel Detailer site.
  15. R

The Diesel Detailer

16. R

River Run Roster Shot

Here is the complete roster of the River Run. My locomotives were all done in the 1990s. You can see hints of my favorite Fallen Flags in the color and scheme. Delaware & Hudson is one, Lehigh & Hudson River is another.
  17. R

Full Workbench

Here's some shots of what I've got going right now. I tend to work on multiple items at one time, it keeps me from getting tired of one project. The SD40-2 is an Athearn of course, and that's the one I'm currently working on. Details West Buffer Plates can be opened up with a file to accept a...
  18. R

New Bachmann GP40 chassis pic

Anyone here that can furnish a pic of the new Bachmann GP 40 chassis? I've looked high and low to no avail. I hear it's an all new chassis with new trucks. Thanks in advance.
  19. R

N&W SD-35 The Hard Way

I started this before ATLAS released their new version of the SD-35. For what I have spent, I could have got the new one, but I'm stubborn, and I'm to far into this to quit now. lol This is an old ATLAS/ROCO/CON COR version. So far the hardest part was rebuilding the fuel tank area. Here...
  20. R

Norfolk & Western Hi Hood C-425 phase III

I started on my N&W Hi Hood C-425 Phase III today. The unit is an ATLAS Phase I with a Stewart C-630 Hi Hood and Cab. This modification was a little more involved than I thought it would be because the Stewart hood sits a little lower than the ATLAS does. I had to build up the bottom of the cab...

Back