Search results

1. wheeler1963

Custom Decals Needed

I've never made decals before. I've always had my RR's decals made by Rail Graphics, Highball etc. Just wondering if one of the members here can made me some custom decals? Just a simple "Jerry's Truck & Electric" in black, and a few "JTEX" also. I would of course pay for them. The ones I...
  2. wheeler1963

Something totally different for me

Not my usual scale but my wife is a huge Disney fan. So I started collecting the villains cars for her.
  3. wheeler1963

Martin Luther King Day Give Away

I'm way over due. Lets have a little holiday fun. I'm sure everyone remembers the guess how many jelly beans are in the jar contests. Well, being that I missed Christmas, I figured I'd do Martin Luther King Day. Here's the deal. Guess how many wheel-sets are in this pile, and I'll give you...
  4. wheeler1963

HO Lionel help

I need some help putting together some Lionel HO scale automated cars. Here's what I have. . Log cars (4) with unloader, tray, button. I think it would be complete. Second up are 2 gondolas?? And the unloader. I don't know if the pipes are the original load for it. And finally are 2...
  5. wheeler1963

Mantua Mikado Help

Do we have a resident Mantua expert here that knows how to take apart a Mikado and repair it? It has been sitting for at least 50 years, it runs a little bit, but I'm sure the grease is hard by now. I have no experience with steam engines, afraid I'd get the drivers all out of round if I...
  6. wheeler1963

The forgotten RR

I never see much about Amtrak in the model RR world. I needed a couple of more modern units for my era, so I went with the P40/P42. These are blue box kits with a few added parts. 2 are powered, 1 dummy. Please add your Amtrak units!!
  7. wheeler1963

MP4 videos

Bob, is there a way to upload MP4 videos? My camera phone only takes videos in the MP4 format. I tried to upload a video but I got a message saying that format is not supported. Thank you in advance.
  8. wheeler1963

Control Panels

Guys, I'm just getting started building my switcher junkyard, can you show pictures of your control panels? I'd like to pick the collective brains of everyone that has build different layouts over the years. Do you use the older tried and true Atlas selectors/connectors etc? Or are you using...
  9. wheeler1963

Concrete Coaling Tower

Does anyone have an old concrete coaling tower laying around in their scrap bin?? I don't need it to be complete, I'm going to model an old abandoned coal tower. Thank you in advance.
  10. wheeler1963

JTEX A switcher junkyard

I have been wanting to start my switcher junkyard for a long time now. Well with the garage now built, I started building the bench work today. I have four 4' X 6' sections and one 4' X 6' that will be rounded. Right now the height is 44" high once the plywood gets put on tomorrow, but I'm...
  11. wheeler1963

3D Printing

Does anyone do 3D printing on here. I have a job that is way to many for me to scratch build. I need about 100 of these braces made.
  12. wheeler1963

Burlington Northern Bay Window/Wide Vision Caboose.

Do I have your attention Rick??? LOL Well here is the prototype, and I finally found an extra wide vision cupola. Let the fun begin!!!
  13. wheeler1963

DC Atlas Electronics Identification Help

Guys, I bought a rather large lot of Atlas DC electronics gear. Please help me understand their uses. #205 Controller #210 Twin #220 Controller #200 Snap-relay Thank you in advance. ;)
  14. wheeler1963

ICG/IC Cabeese

I don't know why, but it seems I am on a caboose kick lately. 4 more in the works now. First one will be an IC gray death star scheme, second is one I painted up around 30 years ago. It is getting updates to whisker couplers, metal wheels, block off the 4 windows, then a heavy weather job...
  15. wheeler1963

Question about concrete ties/wooden ties

I have never seen this anywhere so I'm curious as to what you guys have seen in the real world. 1. If a Class 1 railroad is using concrete ties, what do they do when it comes to a switch? 2. Have you seen code 83 switches with concrete ties?
  16. wheeler1963

WTB: Floquil Aged Concrete

ISO: I know it's a needle in a haystack, but I'm looking for a bottle of Floquil Aged Concrete # F110016 If you have one you are willing to part with, please PM me.
  17. wheeler1963

Paint Booth Upgrade

Thanks to MikeGTW my paint booth got a much needed upgrade. Before it had a 20" box fan that would shoot the exhaust out of a window in the spare bedroom. Now that we have a dedicated train room, I'm going to have it set in a permanent place. The exhaust motor Mike sent has a 2" fitting. After...
  18. wheeler1963

A new water tower.

I picked this up today from a gentleman selling his FIL's collection. I have a welder figure with LED lights that will fit right in there!!
  19. wheeler1963

Someone is having a bad day

Can you say OOPS!!!
  20. wheeler1963

Identification Help

I got this GP30 in a mixed box of stuff. It looks like it is all here. There are no marks or names anywhere on it. Any ideas??

Back