Search results

1. McLeod

Running Bear's May 2024 Coffee Shop

Coffee Break! 15mins away from the gardener with the slave beating bullwhip! Curt - Now my wife wants a plumeria plant. Don't seem to matter to her that they don't grow here. Then again, if she can grow a cantaloupe in this climate, I don't know why she couldn't try a plumeria. If that 'new...
  2. Industry_Vilna_05-07-2024.JPG

Industry_Vilna_05-07-2024.JPG

3. McLeod

Good Morning! Looks like I'm on 'garden deer fence detail' today. The wife wants a better deer fence entry gate invented. It's difficult for me as that fence is just a netting that hangs on metal hooks. Nothing is stable, and just blows in the wind. Maybe I'll plant a couple of posts and put a...
  4. McLeod

Good 36F Morning in the sunshine! Yesterday was just one of those days that a husband has to commit to, so the wife can stay happy! Drove for 7hrs just to deliver a tree and buy flowers at far away greenhouses. I was only the driver, and left all greenhouse touring and spending up to the wife...
  5. McLeod

Good 43F Morning! Looks like we will be getting some rain. The word is 1-1/2" of it. That should help out the forest fire situation, and green things up. I successfully got that garden arbour built before the wife's days off. Now she can plant all the climbing roses she wants. Not very...
  6. McLeod

Good Morning! I've been ordered to have a garden arch gateway built by Monday morning, so the wife can plant her climbing roses. Those plants are very important to her, as she is popular on a garden forum, and loves to chit-chat on there. I'm glad she's found a decent place to be for her idle...
  7. McLeod

Thanks, Curt. B/A is real. They're not around anymore, at least not in Canada. I remember the stations from childhood. Here's a photo of the station located in my town, in the early 60's, I think: That station was located exactly across the street from where I take the prototype railway photos...
  8. McLeod

Looks like you tried painting it in one coat, one sitting. Not generally wise to do that. Try multiple light coats instead.
  9. McLeod

Good Morning! A-bit frosty out there; temps sitting at 33F with no cloud. Thankyou, Curt. I try to work smart, never too hard. I had my son over here to do the heavier lifting, like getting out the table saw. He thought he had a day off work.;) I'm still working on that gas station model as...
  10. McLeod

Organizing desk/workbench

There's 3 bedrooms too many in this house, so my hobbies took over one when the kids moved out. I would try to be neater, but, I've got so much stuff collected that one room is hardly enough to house it all. There's not much to be said about organizing, other than I seem to know where everything...
  11. McLeod

Good Morning! Just a photo today, as I'm on garden project detail with the wife as foreman. Have a good one!
  12. McLeod

Did you get that, Hughie?!
  13. McLeod

Karl - That 1995 Massey is the tractor I used while contracting to Mobile Oil for oil lease and lease road maintenance. It did it's job at the time, was paid for, and was basically a throw away lighter due to the extreme roughness and hazards of that work. Cosmetically, the tractor was...
  14. McLeod

Whitecourt Mimicry in HO

The wooden letters were attached to the structures front wall, using the supplied laser cut form: Not much glue is holding those wooden letters on, so I believe a layer of Testors dull coat might help keep them in place. The next steps are to complete building all exterior walls. To be...
  15. McLeod

Good Morning! The weather gives me a brief reprieve from having to build the archway into the garden. A bit of snow allows for a day of modelling! The view from my modelling room back window: Not going to hang around on the computer. The dog needs walking, and a model is calling my name. Have...
  16. McLeod

Whitecourt Mimicry in HO

Just thought I'd like to drop down a couple of photos of the B/A sign progress. It's like playing with tiny alphabet soup. Even though I was so careful cutting the letters from the carrier, an 'I' pinged away. After an extensive search, it was relocated (Thankyou), and then reintroduced to it's...
  17. McLeod

Whitecourt Mimicry in HO

This layout I'm building is a hobby. As such, I can only enjoy it during brief periods in-between the activities of real life adventure. But, I do strive to take advantage of those periods where the local world is quiet, and the mojo is high. For the gas station model, I've worked on the gas...
  18. McLeod

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Good Morning! 32F to start the day, with the weather guesser threatening snow. I think he's full of it! Saw scenes of extensive tornado damage on the 6:00 news. Wow, if those photos are true, it looks really bad. Hope my American friends survive that horrific onslaught. - Makes me wonder if...
  19. McLeod

When I was about 7yrs old, I discovered that putting a rock into the end of a 2' plastic tube, and swinging it toward the enemy was far superior to the slingshot. That evil bunch on the next block never stood a chance of holding the tree fort, once I figured that out.
  20. McLeod

Good Morning! We are finally getting some very welcome rain, at 37F. Looks like the G-kids are coming over today. They want me to teach them how to make a sling-shot. Every kid should have a sling-shot. I don't have any modelling or rail photos, because I've been working on the rock hobby the...

Back