Search results

1. Z

Multi-scale DCC

I am building an HO layout and have small DCC system for it (DCC++ on an Arduino). I also have access to a 70-ish year old Lionel set and a 70-ish year old American Flyer set. I'd like to set them up and 'play' with them as well. I know I can add decoder to them and control them with DCC, but...
  2. Z

DCC Decoder dead?

So, I got a Digitrax DH165A0 for Christmas and a soldered it to my loco following the guide and a youtube video. I insulated the motor from the chassis, removed the light and put an LED in, and connected the decoder to both positive and negative rails. Problem is I can't get the DCC software...
  3. Z

Digitrax DH165A0 and an *old* Athearn Loco

I got a DCC decoder for Christmas to go in my really old (like, 30+ years) Athearn SDP40 Loco. Electronically I can do the soldering and wiring needed, but I have questions first" 1) The docs list both sides having left track and right track pickups. Do both of them need to be wired or can I...
  4. Z

2 'weird' issues with a new layout

So, I'm just starting but using really old track (like 30 years old) and rolling stock and loco. I have 2 loops that can be run either one unique loop (a flat oval) or like a folded infinity sign with one 'loop' feeding into the other. There are no reverses or anything, but there are 2...
  5. Z

Long time admirer, first time do-er.

Greetings and hallucinations. When I was a kid I had a small Tyco HO train set that came out at Christmas to go around the tree. I always wanted to build a nice diorama style set but never had the time, patience, or skill needed. Now as an adult I've rekindled the interest and am starting to...

Back