Search results

1. B

Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Toot, this is supposed to be a fun hobby and not for profit. I would have your club tell the AMRA to take a hike and go on your own. They sound like leeches and offer pittance in return. I would not want the headache or the hassle. You youngsters out there remember any of this...
  2. B

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXII

A bunch of small quakes is a good thing. The problem comes when there is no activity and the pressure builds until BOOM. The techtonic plates are always on the march!
  3. B

Gene, it appears that the IPhone 4 has the enclosure but I did the same thing as you and found that the left side is the mic and right side is the speaker. I ordered 3, one to destroy and see if I can eliminate the mic portion and seal up the enclosure. They should be here WED so I'll let you...
  4. B

Terry: thanks for the link and they are cheap so I ordered 3 to try them out.
  5. B

AmTrak train crash

Something seems amiss here. If the freight pulled into the siding and the two trains collided head on, who threw the other switch? The freight may have restored the entrance switch and reported such but why would the exit switch be thrown?
  6. B

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXI

Sirfoldalot: I know you do your fair share of camping and thought you may enjoy this recipe. Works great and is moist, warm and fluffy. Try it at home and then make sure the Moho is stocked with the ingredients. > 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE > > 4 tablespoons flour > 4 tablespoons sugar > 2...
  7. B

A map of every railraod? Here you go

That is great! Thank you for posting this.:)
  8. B

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXX

CSX road slug: thanks. It appears that my posts have to go through a moderator before they show up so I will bow out and just read. Thanks guys for the posts.
  9. B

No, we posted at the same time. Sorry for stepping on you toes. truckdad: about 65 years!
  10. B

Did you direct wire them and did you have electronic or magnetic ballasts?
  11. B

I've been here a few times but mainly just read. Still trying to find when you guys were talking about LED replacements for fluorescent tube lights.
  12. B

CRS, this explains it, it's the doors! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcWUSuMpdso
  13. B

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVII

Or it is a hole in the water you pour money into!
  14. B

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVI

In this case, it's fine.
  15. B

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXV

[Did a few small projects around the house here today. Repaired the charging cord on the wife's Imac - managed to bridge the gap that had appeared in the "shield" part of the charger by soldering a short piece of stranded wire in between and then coated my QUOTE=Sirfoldalot;452308]Well Doggies...
  16. B

I've ridden Amtrak down the Calif. coast and the top speed was 60 MPH yet I had some friends visit who took the train back to the East coast and she said they were doing 80! Different rules for different railroads?
  17. B

Right of Way Utility Poles - Straight or Leaning

Utility poles as in power, CATV and telephone are always set straight up and in a straight line. If there is a curve in the road, the poles will have a down guy. Not many poles are set on the inside of a curve as there is insufficient room for the guy, instead, the lead will cross the road and...
  18. B

opps, I got my pages mixed up!

Back