Search results

1. crusader27529

Advanced Consisting and JMRI

That's NOT correct....you do NOT need the LOK Programmer to setup consists for ESU decoders. The decoders respond to the same consist functions as any other decoder that supports consisting.
  2. crusader27529

Single Cross-over with opposite polarity?

On a club layout long before DCC, I wired it quite differently. The layout was just a long loop that sort of looked like a double track dogbone, so I wired it like it was a double track mainline, and only had to worry about polarity issues ONLY at the loop parts of the layout(both ends). That...
  3. crusader27529

JMRI help required

Panel PRO includes Decoder PRO......you should see Roster across the initial pane banner. If you click on that, a oull-down will open, and select roster again. MAGIC!!! You now have the complete Decoder PRO environment. It was there all along. Good Luck!
  4. crusader27529

Loksound Selelect CV value change recognition

Not to my knowledge or experience.
  5. crusader27529

HO Scale Vertical Staging Yard

How do you plan on 'locking' the levels in place to align with the incoming/outgoing tracks? Once positioned, gravity should be enough to keep it in place, assuming positional accuracy. Also, even before you add tracks, wiring AND trains/consists, it's going to be heavy......tell me about how...
  6. crusader27529

ScaleTrains SD40-2 consisting

Most manufacturers play the 'not invented here' game, and their way is always the best...:cool: Having said that, JMRI lets you put labels for the functiuon keys for all locos, so it's not that confusing, even when running it with a smart phone.
  7. crusader27529

ScaleTrains SD40-2 consisting

With the exception of the lowest, cheapest models(LOKPilot Standard comes to mind), all the ESU decoders can map any function to any function key, so the operation of the decoder can be anything the OEM wants. Having said that, MOST of the OEMs tend to be consistent with each other for the...
  8. crusader27529

BLI Milwaukee Road S3 MARS lamp & NCE Powercab

It entirely depends on exactly what decoder is installed into the loco. I have a loco with a LOKsound decoder installed, and with the logic available in the decoder, I've set it to act more or less the way you want yours. I've set it so that if the red emergency light is not disabled, AND...
  9. crusader27529

Consist consisting

Use your advanced computer skills, and download a copy of the manual......here's the link: https://ncedcc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201565799-Power-Cab-Manuals This is the manual you want: Power Cab Manual 1-25-06.pdf
  10. crusader27529

Sdxh166d

I had a similar issue(sort of) with a QSI decoder that I got off EBAY......QSI uses 16 ohm speakers, and all I had was a more standard 8 ohm speaker. It sort of worked. BUT, if the sound levels were 'higher' than low, the decoder would reset.....turned out that the mismatch in speaker impedance...
  11. crusader27529

JMRI for iPad?

Not a chance...... Even if you could, JMRI need to connect to your DCC command station somehow.... You can install an app to communicate using a wireless router to a computer running JMRI to control you trains, but the app doesn't allow programming.
  12. crusader27529

super cap balancing question

The zener diodes aren't actually needed.....the way the caps would operate is that the voltage would be divided across them, and they wouldn't see the full 9V. For example, search for homemade keep alive circuits, and you'll see that the designs just stack multiple super caps in series. The...
  13. crusader27529

Two lights, one decoder

I have multiple LEDs connected to both the front & rear headlight circuits on most of my locos.....I have dual headlights and dual classification lights at the opposite ends of the loco, so there are 4 LEDs per circuit. How do I do that?? Simple......wire the LEDs in SERIES, with 1 current...
  14. crusader27529

Loco lighting without a decoder...is it possible?

Two things.....use this site to calculate resistor values: http://ledcalc.com/ Second, most LEDs have a peak inverse voltage in the 5-6 volt range, so just connecting an LED to the DCC track power will quickly destroy the LED regardless of the value of the resistor chosen. The solution is to...
  15. crusader27529

Micro-plug connectors

Don't forget that it'd be smart if you consider some method of keying any connectors so they can't be connected backwards......
  16. crusader27529

Reversing Loops

Probably reliability and ease of problem analysis.
  17. crusader27529

You reckon this might have uses for the hobby?

The video shows simplistic connectivity, and in several cases, only 1 wire is shown and the circuit works. That says to me that there are other electronics behind the scenes doing work.....it appears to me to just linking 'signals' of some kind, not actually transferring any real power to the...
  18. crusader27529

Resistor wheelsets for detection ( what resistance to use?)

The reason he's using 2 resistors is so that EITHER wheel with the resistor will be detected, NOT to need BOTH wheels in contact for detection. That would make detection unreliable...... With 2 trucks that have resistors, it's more reliable, AND if the caboose is straddling a block, BOTH blocks...
  19. crusader27529

Different way to do detection/occupancy

You're not understanding how the system works......there are NO interfaces to allow adjusting parameters. Adding anything like that would require engineering a relatively expensive interface to each counter module. Do you really want to have to periodically connect to the counter modules to...
  20. crusader27529

Different way to do detection/occupancy

If you look at all the videos (10 short videos) you'll see how it works in detail.....the newer videos are better, but watch them all for a thorough explanation and examples of how it functions.

Back