Search results

1. L

Tsunami2, T-1100 Startup "Idle Chuff" Turnoff....

I am finishing up an FSM Water Tank/Tool Shed, and have Animated the the Water Spout. I've installed a Tsunami 2, T-1100 to Drive the Tamiya 1600:1 Gear Box, and to use the Waterstop Sound from Loading Water into my Geared Locos. However, as with all of my Soundtraxx Decoders, whenever power...
  2. L

Tsunami2 T-1100 Startup, Idle "Chuff" Turnoff.

I am finishing up an FSM Water Tank/Tool Shed, and have Animated the the Water Spout. I've installed a Tsunami 2, T-1100 to Drive the Tamiya 1600:1 Gear Box, and to use the Waterstop Sound from Loading Water into my Geared Locos. However, as with all of my Soundtraxx Decoders, whenever power...
  3. L

Stupid diesel Locomotive question....

I'm a steam guy, turn of the century Logging in Particular. So I'm asking a stupid question about Diesel Loco's. 99% of videos or pictures I see of Double Headed Trains, I see the Lead Loco facing frontwards, and the 2nd facing to the rear.....my question is....WHY? I've gone over in my head...
  4. L

Econami Capacitors.......

Going to ask a stupid question. Can one wire "in series or parallel" the Capacitors that come with the Econami-100's. I have a couple of HOn3 Class A Shay's and Climaxes that I want to add Sound to. They obviously are too small to add speakers and Decoders to, so I'm planning on building some...
  5. L

Older Rivarossi Heisler , DCC and Lights...

I'm installing an Econami into an older Heisler, bought in 85/86. After some time I managed to get her apart, do some cutting out some of the metal boiler inside to fit the Decoder. There'll be room order the water tank at rear for the TDS Super speaker.... ...really tiny....but the lighting...
  6. L

Econami's

Going to install an Econami-100, and Current Keeper to an 8-pin Connector to put in a Bachmann 80-ton Shay with existing Light Board. All the instructions and diagrams for for connecting to the 8-pin for all the decoder wires are pretty straight forward..... EXCEPT......the Ground (Green/yellow...
  7. L

Bachmann Shays issues....can't this is happening!

It's really bad enough I haven't been able to reprogram my 3-Trk Climax, and now the front truck is binding....(but that's another story).......but NOW IM REALLY PISSSED. I bought 2 3-Truck Shays about 5 years ago, at a train show in Jax, Fl. *Until recently, I've not had a layout to put them...
  8. L

Digitrax and Bachmann Climax programming troubles

Okay, I have 70-ton Bachmann Climax, with DCC and Tsunami sound....factory installed. Bought 5 years ago, and just now have layout to put on. Right out of the box, using default 03 Loco address, she ran....roughly yes, but ran....sounds worked too. I wanted to change the default address to...
  9. L

DCC Setup for 4.5 v TT MOTOR

Hey all, I'm getting back into the hobby after 30 yr absence, and have been getting up to speed some what on DCC...It's funny, but in 1985, when I was last actively involved, MRC' Tech IIs were the hot ticket, 2500 was the bomb. Anyway, I digress. I'm working in dual gauge HO Logging, and am...

Back