Search results

1. K

HO Layout-need some advance

Ok, that makes sense.
  2. K

My thought was more of a yard with two industries at the bottom and maybe a 3rd with a siding on the bottom right
  3. K

Thanks for the suggestions. Tony, I didnt connect them because I was going to put some sort of water over there, and thought my saw mill or some sort of industry on the left side, that is why I didn't connect them. Iron Houseman, I like that plan, and might incorporate some of that into the...
  4. K

Hello everyone, so over the past 2 weeks I have started working on my layout. I got my bench work completed along with the foam on top. I have temperately laid some track and let the kids run some trains. But before I start laying roadbed, I just not real excited about this layout. As you can...
  5. K

A little help would be appreciated...

Thanks for the help guys, I am just finishing up a few track plans and once the kids and I decide which we like best, we will start building.
  6. K

The only part that is against a wall is the "back" of the benchwork which is the top of my drawing. The rest of it would be open and I could walk around. The drawing I put on was the approximate dimensions of my benchwork. Clear as mud?
  7. K

Tony, Thank you for the posts, I was worried about the radius of the curves. After doing some looking, for some reason in my head the passenger train that I was going to try and find was a smaller Amtrak that runs in state only, and I was thinking they where not as big as the superliner cars...
  8. K

This is going to be HO..as soon as I hit submit I knew I left that out. According to the original plan is was just over 9 feet in length and just over 3 foot in depth and I would like to keep to the original size. Thanks for pointing that our number9.
  9. K

I am getting ready to start my layout, and I have an idea of what I want the track plan to look like. I found this one on the web, but want to modify it a bit, some feed back would be greatly appreciated. Where I have labeled A I assume is a tunnel, I want to delete the tunnel and maybe elevate...
  10. K

Getting back into it...need some assistance please

Lynn...by the way..my son and I enjoy your layout and the pictures you post. Nice work
  11. K

Iron Horseman...thank you for the ideas, I saw the layouts on atlas's website, I like the look for them, and it gives me a starting point. I think I can make the 12 feet work, but it will be close. it will be in front of the water heater, which is fairly new so I should be ok for a few...
  12. K

Thanks Sphinx..that gives me a start
  13. K

Thanks for the help guys. I have gotten the trains to run smooth with some alcohol..for the track and me:o I have been thinking about my layout plans and think I am going to go more towards a dogbone type layout. I am thinking with my son, it will allow for more hands on operation for him. So I...
  14. K

Well, we got a small oval going with a few sidings. I have used some alcohol to get the trains running better, but not great. However at least they are running and my son is having a great time. I have been thinking about my future layout and I think I am going to go for a dogbone type. That way...
  15. K

Thanks for the reply Jim, I guess I should have been more clean. I don't plan on updating my old locomotives to DCC. Only one works, so I have to buy new anyway. As far as tracks go, I would really like to try and clean, mainly becuase of money. I would hate to get rid of all the track, but if...
  16. K

I did some model railroading back sometime ago, and after 6 moves and 3 kids, I am now to the stage where I want to get back into it. Plus, when my 4 year old son loves trains and asks can we have a train set, I could not get to the storage shed fast enough to get my stuff back out. So I got...

Back