Search results

1. B

Can someone help me identify this layout?

Years ago, I inherited a semi completed track layout from an acquaintance. At the time, my kids were little and I didn't really get the chance to expand and work on the layout at home... plus, it occupied some needed space in our garage so I had to pay it forward. Now that I have students that...
  2. B

Using streamline passenger cars on 18R curve

Hi - I just wanted to ask if it is hopeless for us to use our old Athearn and Con-Cor streamline passenger cars if we are using 18R curves in our club layout? Some of my students are looking forward in running them in our layout but we always encounter issues with derailment... The cars still...
  3. B

Multiple Dynamis DCC

Hi, We recently got 6 Dynamis controller but without the pro pack. I was wondering if it is possible to connect multiple controller without the propack? Thanks. Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
  4. B

Train value Athearn rubber band drive

We have this old Athearn rubber band drive that needs some refurbishing. Motor runs intermittently and may need a good cleaning to get it to work... shell seems to be in decent shape, as well as the metal railings...it also seem to need a new spring on the carbon brush... we do not have any use...
  5. B

Help with a Bowker 4-4-0

I've been looking around to get some replacement parts for the missing driveshaft for our bowker 440 steamer... ive tried to 3d print a shaft but the rpm of the motor to the loco is too fast and the plastic we use keeps stripping and eventually fails to engage the wheels... I've seen...
  6. B

Seneca Ridge MS Afters School Train and RC Club

HI - I am teacher and I am new to the hobby. Due to persistent demand from my students, I agreed to sponsor an after school train and r/c club. So far, we have not started the train part since we are still enjoying being outdoors running some of the few r/c's we have. Now that it is starting to...
  7. B

Newbie teacher starting a club

Hi all, I am a newbie to model trains, but ironically, I am planning on supervising an after school hobby club for several of our students. I do have an old Varney and Aurora Slot car set that we will start with and a handful of tracks. Any advice or suggestions to make our club a success is...

Back