Search results

1. B

Can someone help me identify this layout?

I am about 90% certain the switches were Atlas #4… but I couldn’t figure what short tracks to use to get the connections/track joiners to be smooth and not kinked or would line up using AnyRail software… should I just approach this using a trial-and-error approach?
  2. B

Thank you. We already have a ton of old Atlas code 100 brass tracks and switches that my students will be using… @Bruette its a figure 8 but doesnt use a crossing… one mainline on the outer track, the. The two circle tracks in the middle can run each train… and switches to go in/out the inner...
  3. B

I am currently trying to play with the AnyRail track planning program to recreate the layout but I am not getting any luck connecting the tracks... Ant tricks or pointers I need to keep in mind? I know how create the circle layout, but when I add switches, I am not finding the correct track...
  4. B

Years ago, I inherited a semi completed track layout from an acquaintance. At the time, my kids were little and I didn't really get the chance to expand and work on the layout at home... plus, it occupied some needed space in our garage so I had to pay it forward. Now that I have students that...
  5. B

Seneca Ridge MS Afters School Train and RC Club

Hello. It's been a while... I didn't realize it has been 3 years since I last posted here... I apologize for not updating the posting. I had a very challenging year the past two years and the project railroad got derailed. As a matter of fact, our old table and layout got tossed out during...
  6. B

Yes! Thanks! I sent you a text message the day we got the package... we used the flex on some section Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
  7. B

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
  8. B

Brake wheels! Just wanted to share the brake wheel that one of my student designed in our 3d printer. The right one is the original model, while the left is the 3d printed one. Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
  9. B

Our refreshed layout... we went back to a basic oval with 3 lines switching to and from... the inner most line will have a siding for a yard... We will also try to elevate the outer most track using a 3d printed risers... I wanted to ask, how come when we run DC power, the trains run well...
  10. B

Hi, I sent you a pm. Thanks. Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
  11. B

Good suggestion. I am considering finding a donor for a pingpong table so we can possibly fold and have it on wheels for easier moving and storage.... Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
  12. B

Excited to start a new school year. I will definitely miss one of my student who was a hard core fanatic of railroading... he is now moving to 9th grade and I need to find a new prodigy... thinking of gutting the track to lay down foam under to make it more fixed... and we can really add up as...
  13. B

Most design and scenery is done solely by the kids... I only got myself involved in laying the tracks... we have not wired the switches yet.... Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
  14. B

It's been 2 grading quarters since I updated the thread... we are slowly making progress... as we like to think... Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
  15. B

Hi, honestly our kids are well diverse and most of them only had literally started with railroading. I do have 2 kids who have prior experience with the hobby through their dad and grandfather's. As far as equipment and stuff, we are slowly gaining stuff mostly from donated items... we were...
  16. B

Yes sir. Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
  17. B

Our layout... a work in progress again... i was able to convince the kids to redo the layout and make it a simple layout... we are spending more time fixing than running trains... plan is to do 3 simple ovals with turnouts crossing over from inner to outer and vice versa... Sent from my...
  18. B

Using streamline passenger cars on 18R curve

When we put the knuckle coupler in the stock box, the space in between the engine and car was too close and I was afraid it will not clear the curves and cause issues... however, come to think of it, we never really tried to run it that way... should I not have extended it? Sent from my...
  19. B

We have to purchase the couplers.... this is what I did for the first car that connects to he engine... I converted it to a knuckle and kept the other cars as is with the hook couplers... i had to 3d print longer box to extend the coupler further out... When buying the kadee coupler, is is...
  20. B

Yeah, its a lot of fun when trains do run... but as with kids nowadays, problem solving skills are quite a challenge that they are continually trying to develop... in the end, most work is left for me... Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Back