Search results

1. Spiral Storm

Attic fans/Roof turbines, anyone?

Hi there once again! I saw my old posting thread asking about an HO-scale rodeo diorama setup. Since I already have some cattle, all I need now are some horses, a bull, a wooden, fenced-in arena, and some brave young fellows to ride all those fierce creatures. But having also recently seen the...
  2. Spiral Storm

My first HO scale model kit build!

Hi there, folks! It has been quite some time since I've posted anything on here. But I wanted to show you folks a little of the stuff I've been working on...My first official HO-scale kit project! I have built up a kit of a white house with blue trim and a gray roof. The house required only a...
  3. Spiral Storm

Amazing HO-scale discoveries!

Hi, everyone! Earlier today, I announced the arrival of my first set of HO-scale mini-figures, with pictures! Now it's time for me to reveal two HO-scale discoveries I've made... Update: Newer pictures of the discoveries have been added onto this post as the previous ones reveal too much detail...
  4. Spiral Storm

HO-scale Rodeo Dioramas?

Hi everyone! Having seen this music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6kO2w-NOW8 I became curious about HO-scale dioramas which are centered around rodeos like the one shown in the video. However, upon searching for this, Google did not return many helpful results. This leads me to...
  5. Spiral Storm

Falcon City

Hello everyone! Shown below are some shots of the newly restored Falcon City. These pictures were taken by Photographer Stan, the official photographer for Falcon City. The pictures which will follow are both ground and aerial shots taken from a helicopter Stan borrowed from an airport a few...
  6. Spiral Storm

Where to buy ready-made HO-Scale buildings?

Hello there once again! My final question for this evening best fits here as it has to do with HO-scale specifically. I found a few catalogs, which featured buildings which could either be bought ready-made or they required only a little assembly before being placed. I am no good at...
  7. Spiral Storm

International Hobby Corporation-Still around?

Hi again, everyone! I was going through a couple boxes of old books and magazines and I stumbled across three small catalogs from a place known as the 'International Hobby Corporation'. From what I understand of them, they are (Or were) based in Philadelphia, where I used to live. I might have...
  8. Spiral Storm

How long/big is an HO-scale diesel engine?

Hi everybody! I know I've been gone for quite some time-Very busy my life is. But what I'd like to know is this-How many inches long and wide is a typical HO-scale diesel engine? I ask because I am STILL trying to figure out how much bigger or smaller my Power Trains are in comparison to...
  9. Spiral Storm

What are the Paiute Mountains?

Hello all! It has been quite a while since I've posted anything here. I moved near the beginning of this month to a new home. It's a little smaller, but nicer than the other place I lived in. So a few days ago, a gift arrived courtesy of my brother for Halloween-A DVD of Stephen King's The...
  10. Spiral Storm

Biggest HO-scale railroad layout?

Hello again, fellow railroaders! Does anybody know of the largest known HO-scale railroad layout? What is it called? Are there any pictures or videos of it out on the Internet? If so, please feel free to share! I'm sure we'd all really love to see what it looks like, how big it is, and how much...
  11. Spiral Storm

TT scale railroad project

Hello everybody! After seeing and viewing all of the wonderful (And interesting) stuff with pictures regarding Logan valley, I've decided to try starting my own major project. However, I have decided to stick to TT scale almost exclusively as, from what I understand, and correct me if I'm...
  12. Spiral Storm

Favorite model building or structure?

Hi again everybody! Seeing as how there is a forum section titled 'Structures and Buildings' I've decided to add my own little thread to it, in the form of a question. Now I am not sure if opinion-related questions about model buildings are allowed in this part of the forum. If they are not...
  13. Spiral Storm

Favorite mdoel train brand?

First off, I apologize if this is not the proper place to post a question like this, but I am curious and as I'd like to get to know everybody here, I figured I would ask, so...What is everybody's favorite model train brand and why? It can be any gauge or scale size and any brand - Even if the...
  14. Spiral Storm

My model train collection so far...

Hi again everybody! Here are a few images of my TT-scale model train collection. these trains are all made by Power Trains (Now Power City Trains) and even though the setup is not as elaborate as may be the case with some of the other model trains I've seen on here, it is most certainly a good...
  15. Spiral Storm

Salutations from Spiral Storm!

Hello to everybody here! I am Spiral Storm, a young man who loves trains, both full-size and model-scale. The first working train set I had was an HO-scale train set, of which I cannot remember the name of. I was given a model train set before which might have been O-scale (As it was a tad...

Back