Search results

1. Gac66610

And so it begins, again

Been working on this for some time now, don't have much spare time for it. The bench was done about 2 years ago and have just started laying track. I know I know, its a mess! I'm not really new to this forum, I just couldn't remember the password for my other account.
  2. Gac66610

A yard

Searched around and found something about 'ten commandments for yards' something like that. Using it and a small diagram with it, this is what I came up with. Looks busy, looking for opinions Overall length of area is approx. 223" and approx. 52" wide I don't have this layout(bench...
  3. Gac66610

rocks in water

Just a quick question on it, should the rocks be glued down before adding scenic water? Guess I have one on the water itself, should it be a continuous pour(one spot), or travel the length of creek? First time trying any of this any advice appreciated :)
  4. Gac66610

knuckle coupling

slight concern with these coupling, picture is fuzzy, but you can see they dont quite line up. just wondering what the easiest fix would be? any advice appreciated:)
  5. Gac66610

My new KCS and Pass cars

To be honest this is the first set of loco and cars I have owned that did not come as a 'train set' :D :cool: One question, is there a certain order the pass cars should be? I have a baggage, dining, coach, lounge/bar, and sleeper.
  6. Gac66610

Test

Not sure I did this right,:o edit:well beans just trying to enter a picture
  7. Gac66610

Tsunami or Proto -sound 3.0

Is there much difference between the two other than price? Tsunami vs Proto sound 3.0 Would it really make a difference to a novice like myself? I have heard some say you don't want too much sound, or it's not used for long duration (gets irritating/annoying) Am looking at a Kansas City...
  8. Gac66610

Track inquery

I have noticed several different track manufactures, is any 'better' than others, or is this like asking whats better Chevy, Ford, Dodge? What is the difference between code 83, and code 100? (others if applicable) I'm going to be using HO scale, if theme or time periods matter, I have yet...
  9. Gac66610

New/old hobby

Hello all, I had an 8 X 8 layout in my old house, looking to start up again. Lurked around a few train forums for a few days, enjoyed reading and viewing this one the most, so here I am. I'm an electrical contractor, looking for something for my wife and I to do for fun. Believe I have...

Back