Search results

1. C

Lifelike SW9 DC to DCC Conversion

I recently purchased a LifeLike Proto 2000 series SW9 locomotive and want to convert it to DCC with sound. I think I'm going to go with the Soundtraxx Tsunami "TSU-AT1000 for ALCO 539 Turbocharged" Here is the locomotive: And here is the locomotive with shell removed showing original...
  2. C

Repainting an old stock engine

I've been going through my old locos from when I was a child and I came across my old 0-6-0 Bachmann Smokey Mountain Express no.97. It wouldn't run so I decided to give it an overhaul. I took apart the whole engine and found the cause to be both solidified grease in the worm gear and horribly...
  3. C

HO Scale Apartment Layout

I have a large apartment, but as it is an apartment, I'm likely not to stay here for more than a few years. I've been mulling over layout design for quite a long time now and am finally working towards a solution. This plan is my first stab at the 2x6ft layout: I plan to make this layout...
  4. C

Hi from Ohio!

Hello everyone, I'm a 25 year old professional from Ohio who was into trains as a kid, and now I have some time and a little space to get back into it!! My grandfather has a very large walkaround layout which I've been very intently following and helping him with; but as he is over 5 hours...

Back