Search results

1. GPwrangler

Building a NC&StL J3

After a bit of searching and only coming up with some very expensive brass models, I decided to try my hand at scratchbuilding a NC&StL J3 4-8-4. I started with a Bachmann Overland northern that served as the donor for mechanism and tender trucks. The boiler is made of sheet aluminum from a...
  2. GPwrangler

Starting a new layout with the old one

I finally made it out of apartment life and into a house. I have a 10' by 10' corner I can use and plan to use the small shelf switching layout in the new one. But, I want it to be removable, like a small module, so it can still be portable. I'm looking to have continuous running with at least a...
  3. GPwrangler

Early 2018 Photo Fun

I say its about time we had another one of these fine threads. I'll start off with the Magnolia tank car won from the most recent scratch build contest. Thanks again NP2626! A box! The begining Only complaint about this kit is that it was very light weight, but that was easily fixed with...
  4. GPwrangler

Keeping cats off the layout

I'm sure a few of y'all here have a cat or two that you need to keep off the layout. What's your method? My ladyfriend decided we needed one of those destructive little balls of fur and energy, so now I need to find a way to keep it off the table.
  5. GPwrangler

reliable 0-4-0 chasis

Can anybody recommend me a good, reliable frame for an 0-4-0 project I'm working on? I really don't have any desire to make a frame. It's going to be a porter 0-4-0t with really small drivers. I'm hoping to have it end up like this. Thanks!

Back