Search results

1. P

Loco Stalls After Stop

Hi, Four of my older locos (2 Atlas RS11s and 2 Intermountain F7s) are starting to exhibit the same problem: after a stop, they often stall as soon a voltage is repplied for a re-start by the decoder. I have cleaned everything I can, track, wheels, cups, wipers, and decoder to frame contacts to...
  2. P

Great Planning Tutorial

Over the years I have used this forum along with a few others to send an occasional “heads-up” to the model railroad community regarding new content on my website, http://www.altamontandblueridge.com . Thanks to all of you who have used my tutorials and to those of you who currently follow my...
  3. P

Check out what is new on the Altamont and Blue Ridge Railway

Over the years I have used this forum along with a few others to send an occasional “heads-up” to the model railroad community regarding new content on my website, http://www.altamontandblueridge.com Thanks to all of you who have used my tutorials and to those of you who currently follow my new...
  4. P

Digitrax PM42 wire length to BDL168?

Hi all, In the Digitrax BDL168 Manual they suggest that a BDL168 should be placed no more than 12 feet from the PM42 that feeds track power to it (using 12 AGW wire). Does any one have any experience with a longer wire run between these two devices? I suspect in N scale one could get away with...
  5. P

Phillips Hue Room Lighting

My current Digitrax/TrainController controlled N scale Altamont and Blue Ridge Railway (A&BR1) occupies a 21 x 12 train room. Currently I am planning a new, larger layout, the A&BR2, and my "Starting Over" blog details my thinking and planning. For anyone who might be interested, here are...
  6. P

Starting Over

Hi, I am happy to report that traffic on my Altamont and Blue Ridge web site has been much more brisk since I added the two tutorials: "Marrying the Backdrop to the Layout" and "Shaping the Landscape." I recommend these to beginners and old pros alike. It seems that everyone who builds scenery...
  7. P

The Altamont and Blue Ridge Railway

Hello Everyone, Check out the updates to my Altamont and Blue Ridge Railway website at www.altamontandblueridge.com Additions include a video, more slide shows, “click to enlarge” photo links, DCC discussions and specifications, train room design, expanded tutorials, and photos of the...
  8. P

Two New Scenery Tutorials

Check out the tutorials at www.altamontandblueridge.com Enjoy, Pete
  9. P

The Altamont and Blue Ridge Railway

Check out the A&BR at www.altamontandblueridge.com Enjoy, Pete
  10. P

The Altamontand Blue Ridge Railway

Check out the A&BR at www.altamontandblueridge.com Enjoy, Pete
  11. P

The Altamontand Blue RIdge Railway

Check of the A&BR at www.altamontandblueridge.com Enjoy, Pete